+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Got iPhone? Then get this! in Technical; Originally Posted by PEO buying an iphone tonight, and unlocking it so I can put my 'Three' sim card in ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    buying an iphone tonight, and unlocking it so I can put my 'Three' sim card in
    probably pretty obvious - but make sure it's a new(er) 3G iPhone. I recently upgraded to a new 3G iPhone on an O2 contract. I gave my old 'jailbroken' 2.5G iPhone, which I used with my old Vodafone contract, to my brother and his 'Three' sim card did not work with the phone.

2. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

PEO (31st March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Erm, RDP Lite is available for free from the App store. Works a treat. Got it on my iPhone, along with VNC Lite and MTelnet!
    me 2

Thank Post
    probably pretty obvious - but make sure it's a new(er) 3G iPhone. I recently upgraded to a new 3G iPhone on an O2 contract. I gave my old 'jailbroken' 2.5G iPhone, which I used with my old Vodafone contract, to my brother and his 'Three' sim card did not work with the phone.
    Further to this - if it is brand new and the firmware has already been upgraded to 2.2.1 then unlocking is not going to happen. You can jailbreak it but not unlock it to accept other sims. With this firmware upgrade the baseband of the phone itself is also irreversibly upgraded - just a word of warning :-)

PEO
    Thank Post
    yep Im getting a brand spanker 16gb tonight. O2 shop has put it aside for me.. thank you for the heads up

PEO
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    Further to this - if it is brand new and the firmware has already been upgraded to 2.2.1 then unlocking is not going to happen. You can jailbreak it but not unlock it to accept other sims. With this firmware upgrade the baseband of the phone itself is also irreversibly upgraded - just a word of warning :-)
    Works with all iPhones, right up to the latest version
    Our software unlocking solution will unlock any iPhone, regardless to weather it's brand new and just
    come out of the box, if it's been unlocked before and now it's bricked, even if you have accidently
    upgraded your iPhone - our software can fix it. We have had a 100% Success rate with iPhones of all
    versions, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 2.0, 2.1 and the latest v2.2

Unlock iPhone 3G - Unlock Your iPhone To ANY Network!

shouldn't be long before its hacked again by the looks of it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Erm,

Dev-Team Blog

The software is free and pretty easy to use. Looks like even the new 3.0 is Jailbreakable. Maybe issues, as SC-UK, points out with unlocking the network though.

Also, PEO's link to a 'pay us £17 for free software'!?! site only mentions upto version 2.2. So there maybe issues with firmware 2.2.1 and unlocking the phone.

PEO
    Thank Post
    hope I get 2.2 then

PEO
    Thank Post
    there are reports that 2.2.1 has been broken but its alot trikier for 3g enabled phones

Thank Post
    You buying it on pay and go? I'm seriously considering it as I hate my N95 (Great Camera but not much else) now, but I'm still under contract. Very expensive tho

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    You buying it on pay and go? I'm seriously considering it as I hate my N95 (Great Camera but not much else) now, but I'm still under contract. Very expensive tho
    I like my N95, its camera is great and after installing a couple of apps i think its great.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    I like my N95, its camera is great and after installing a couple of apps i think its great.
    Just got rid of my N95, pretty nice phone, make sure you update the firmware it increases the speed of all the apps by miles!!! Carphone warehouse are doing great trade in deal for the N95 at the moment.

Only downside of the N95 is that the Scumm VM is hard to use lol (I need monkey island as its awesome)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    there are reports that 2.2.1 has been broken but its alot trikier for 3g enabled phones
    Well its not really broken. They are working on stripping the 2.2 baseband that can be broken and replacing the 2.2.1 baseband but its very risky stuff with stability issues a plenty I have heard.
    Currently though if you get 2.2.1 you will probably be stuff for that plan because nothings public yet. I just left my iphone on 2.2 in case I want to unlock it.

Thank Post

Iphone

I have the latest Iphone its great except no Text forwarding how pants is that! cant send my mates all my good jokes.

Thank Post
    Erm,

Dev-Team Blog

The software is free and pretty easy to use. Looks like even the new 3.0 is Jailbreakable. Maybe issues, as SC-UK, points out with unlocking the network though.

Also, PEO's link to a 'pay us £17 for free software'!?! site only mentions upto version 2.2. So there maybe issues with firmware 2.2.1 and unlocking the phone.
    Exactly - it's only unlocking the network that poses a problem. I have my 2.2.1 3G jailbroken but couldn't unlock it. I'm not really that bothered - around here O2 is about the only carrier with any signal!

Tom

Thank Post
    I have the latest Iphone its great except no Text forwarding how pants is that! cant send my mates all my good jokes
    I think they've added the ability to do that in the 3.0 firmware. It's currently in beta tho, and you need to be a registered developer (£59 a year!) or know someone who is (they can add up to 100 phones to an account)

17. Thanks to DrCheese from:

anfy1002 (7th April 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information