+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Factory reset in Technical; A Few of our teachers have left over summer and left their school iPads for the new teachers. We use ...

Thank Post

Factory reset

A Few of our teachers have left over summer and left their school iPads for the new teachers.
    We use Configurator and meraki to set them up, but along the way they have put in there own apple id and password too.
    Two people have tried doing a factory reset from what I can see as when the ipad is turned on its asking to be set up... going through the stages it says activate Ipad then wants there email address and password not the schools one and wont go any further. I have put another one into Itunes to restore but same problem its asking for their password.

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    Did you make them supervised devices when you set them up using Apple configurator? What you are describing is a new feature called activation lock and it was added to iOS 7 to try and prevent theft of peoples personal devices, since if you wipe the device in DFU mode you will still be asked for the Apple ID it was originally setup with. This feature is disabled if you supervise the device in configurator, so not sure why you are having this problem. At this point you have two options. 1) Contact the member of staff that used to have the iPad and ask for their Apple ID credentials. 2) Make an appointment with Apple and take proof of purchase with you, they can then remove this lock for you.

Thank Post
    Thanks @tmoon-mint They were set up prepared and supervised in Configurator with the schools itunes account on. Meraki installed .
    Apps pushed out. Then as some of them wanted to purchase apps for themselves. they put in there own ID and password this let them get the apps that I pushed out and also the ones they purchased.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDLEA View Post
    Thanks @tmoon-mint They were set up prepared and supervised in Configurator with the schools itunes account on. Meraki installed .
    Apps pushed out. Then as some of them wanted to purchase apps for themselves. they put in there own ID and password this let them get the apps that I pushed out and also the ones they purchased.
    If the iPad is definitely Supervised then you can put the iPad into DFU mode, see below....

iOS 7: Mobile Device Management and Find My iPhone Activation Lock

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread