+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPhone 5s / Exchange 2010 - unable to verify in Technical; Hi, I have a user who has an iPhone 4 & an iPad. Both are set to sync with our ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    iPhone 5s / Exchange 2010 - unable to verify

    Hi,

    I have a user who has an iPhone 4 & an iPad. Both are set to sync with our Exchange 2010 server and do so perfectly, no problems at all.

    The member of staff has now purchased an iPhone 5s, I've set up a link to her Exchange mailbox using exactly the same settings and the phone keeps saying it is unable to verify the connection... I've double/triple checked that her password is correct etc.

    I've gone on to the Exchange server & removed the partnership with her previous phone... but it hasn't made a difference.

  2. #2

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,374
    Thank Post
    906
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    468
    What Version of iOS is this please? What build number is your Exchange on?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately they are out of school today but I'll post up the info ASAP

  4. #4

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,374
    Thank Post
    906
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    468
    There is an incompatibility with IOS 6 or 7 (cant remember what) and Exchange 2010. Patching Exchange resolves the issue.

  5. #5
    Abaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    623
    Thank Post
    74
    Thanked 70 Times in 65 Posts
    Rep Power
    61
    I had this with a few iPhones a while back - the solution below worked on all mine, so might be worth a look.. (shamefully stolen from somewhere I can't remember now!)

    iOS Exchange connection fix

    There are some issues with ActiveSync for both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 users whereby some users can connect their Mobile Devices (Windows Mobile Phones / iPhones / Motorola Droid etc) quite happily and ActiveSync pushes mail to the devices, but other users cannot connect and cannot sync anything at all.

    There appear to be plenty of potential solutions for this problem around if you search the web, but the solution to the majority of these problems can be solved quite simply.

    If you open up Active Directory Users and Computers and locate one of your users that is not working, Double-Click into the account and click on the Security Tab (if this is not visible, Click on View> Advanced Features from the Menu at the top of the screen then navigate back to your user). Once on the security tab, click on the Advanced Button and make sure that the ‘Include Inheritable Permissions From This Object’s Parent’ is ticked. Click OK twice to close the user account.

    Once the box is ticked, you should then be able to connect up your Mobile Device to your Exchange Server and receive your mail like the rest of your users.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    I had this with a few iPhones a while back - the solution below worked on all mine, so might be worth a look.. (shamefully stolen from somewhere I can't remember now!)

    iOS Exchange connection fix

    There are some issues with ActiveSync for both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 users whereby some users can connect their Mobile Devices (Windows Mobile Phones / iPhones / Motorola Droid etc) quite happily and ActiveSync pushes mail to the devices, but other users cannot connect and cannot sync anything at all.

    There appear to be plenty of potential solutions for this problem around if you search the web, but the solution to the majority of these problems can be solved quite simply.

    If you open up Active Directory Users and Computers and locate one of your users that is not working, Double-Click into the account and click on the Security Tab (if this is not visible, Click on View> Advanced Features from the Menu at the top of the screen then navigate back to your user). Once on the security tab, click on the Advanced Button and make sure that the ‘Include Inheritable Permissions From This Object’s Parent’ is ticked. Click OK twice to close the user account.

    Once the box is ticked, you should then be able to connect up your Mobile Device to your Exchange Server and receive your mail like the rest of your users.
    Hi, yes I was aware of that one and made sure the setting was in AD. Like I say, her previous devices (iPhone 4, iPad) synced without isssue

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    There is an incompatibility with IOS 6 or 7 (cant remember what) and Exchange 2010. Patching Exchange resolves the issue.
    I haven't seen the user today but my iPhone is running ios 7.1.1 and it syncs with Exchange perfectly

  8. #8

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,374
    Thank Post
    906
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnPugwash View Post
    I haven't seen the user today but my iPhone is running ios 7.1.1 and it syncs with Exchange perfectly
    There are other factors not just the iOS version. When we had the issue, my phone functioned fine. What build number are you on for Exchange?



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Exchange 2010 unable to send outside of EMBC network
    By Jobos in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th August 2013, 05:37 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd August 2012, 03:54 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd June 2012, 01:20 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th May 2012, 11:30 PM
  5. Exchange 2010 upgrade to SP1 - Fails on Prerequisites.
    By harriuk in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd March 2011, 08:05 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •