+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Which laptop case? in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Angry Which laptop case?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me. The school has 60x Dell 2120 laptops and 16x Toshiba NB250 laptops. The School has been using Leba notebook flight cases with the foam inserts for many years now to store and charge laptops. The school has 6x leba notebook flight cases.

Everytime I open the cases, itís a complete and utter mess. The cables are everywhere and laptops are not inserted in the correct way. Then the teachers complain about the laptops not being charged or the state the laptop cases are in. I seem to be wasting my time sorting out the mess because when I check the laptop cases at the end of the day or end of the week, they are back to being in a horrible state.

Also recently several connectors on the adaptors have been damaged and I have had to purchase replacement adaptors. The school used to have lapsafe trolleys before we moved to the flight cases, but we found the lapsafe trolleys not to be of good quality.

I need to persuade SMT that these flight cases are no good and we need to purchase a different kind of storage trolley with excellent cable management so that I donít waste my time sorting out the mess and so the school doesnít spend extra money replacing adaptors.

Any suggestions would be helpful as I am getting really annoyed with this problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbad View Post
    Any suggestions would be helpful as I am getting really annoyed with this problem.
    The main problem is staff education. Whichever system you get, they'll find a way to mess it up. They'll turn the power to the cabinet off and wonder why things don't charge, or leave it on when inserting or removing laptops and wonder why they fry (may not be an issue on expensive systems?). They'll even pull out the adapters that you spent an age carefully routing in the trolley because they want to keep hold of the laptop or because they've worked out that it will charge their own laptop - so they can leave their charger at home.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You want something like the monarch LapCabby (http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/laptop-i...cabby-16h.html) or the ISIS laptop trolley (http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/laptop-i...ey-15-bay.html)

Both secure, good value for money and with excellent cable management. Not to mention they have shelves as opposed to foam. It makes everything neater

Thank Post
    We use LapSafe trolleys and have no problem. The in built chargers are good, so no spending ages fitting the chargers for them to be pulled out. I have used LapCabby in the past and they are mostly made out of wood.... Just fall apart after a while, but depends on how they are treated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh Lapsafe are good, very good in fact! But they're really not cheap! I do agree though, the mentor range with built in chargers is a great idea, until you change your make / model of laptop that is.

Thank Post
    I agree they are not cheap, but I think we have saved money in not having to replace charges that get pulled out and damaged. Also the inbuilt modules/boards can be changed to fit most laptops.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread