+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Best way for teachers to 'test' apps? in Technical; We have 32 iPads, manged by apple configurator + meraki. We are at the point of starting to roll them ...
    Thank Post

Best way for teachers to 'test' apps?

We have 32 iPads, manged by apple configurator + meraki. We are at the point of starting to roll them out to teachers now, but we're not sure of the best way to approach this. We would ideally like the teachers to test apps, and if they like it ask us to push it to all iPads. The problem is, the iPads are all linked to one iTunes account which uses the schools email address, so to allow them to install apps to test would mean giving them the iTunes password, which we can't do.

What is the best way of allowing teachers to install and test out apps?

Thank Post
    I just give them an iPad with no management installed. It's effectively their iPad and the school gets them to create their own AppleID, they login to their iPads and redeem a £15 voucher which they use strictly for testing.
    If they like a look of an app they're encouraged to do some research first and then youtube it to see how the app works. If everything looks OK they download it and report back to me whether they want it on student iPads or not, works very well and stops so much strain and pressure on you.

Thank Post
    I was thinking along the same lines, but the idea was to give one to each head of dept initially for testing purposes. I suppose we could do this with 10 or so of the iPads, and then after a month or so re-manage them and use an old iPad we have as our unrestricted test iPad.

Thank Post
    Why do you need to re-manage the iPads? Just leave them with the staff maybe? It will save you a bunch of heartache and the staff will be happy as they can have a play and get used to the way an iPad works, they can also test iPad apps as much as they want. I personally wouldn't take them away and then re-manage them staff will only want to test more apps at a later date and you'll cause more work for yourself than necassary! Remember they can't break anything using an iPad so you don't need to worry!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread