+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Supervised by Apple Inc in Technical; Hi Guys, We've got 16 iPads here, managed using Apple Configurator. I've been reluctant to upgrade to ios7 because ios6 ...

Thank Post

Supervised by Apple Inc

Hi Guys,

We've got 16 iPads here, managed using Apple Configurator. I've been reluctant to upgrade to ios7 because ios6 has been working fine for us but recently I've noticed several apps including iMovie have yellow caution symbols next to them when I'm using Configurator to add new apps.

So, I've just attempted to update one iPad to ios7 to see how well it goes and I got an error using Configurator saying the download is corrupt. I closed Configurator and tried again but same thing happens. So instead, I disconnected and did the update from the iPad itself and it's gone through fine and all the apps are still on there in the correct folders.

However, when I connected it to the Mac again, a message popped up in iTunes saying the iPad has been supervised with another computer! But I was able to install a new app using Configurator and no caution symbols appeared because now the ios version is up to date.

If I go to the 'About' section in the iPad settings, just below the name it says 'This iPad is supervised by Apple Inc'. Is it supposed to say this?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    130 views and no replies? Someone must have an iPad with ios7 that they manage with Configurator. If you could check in the settings to see if the message 'This iPad is supervised by Apple Inc' is meant to be there then I can happily update the rest of our iPads.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Just checked one of ours and it says supervised by 'Name of School' so I am guessing yours should say that as well rather than Apple Inc..

Can't be anymore help I'm afraid.

Thank Post
    I've just realised that this is just a setting in the 'Prepare' tab in Apple Configurator - if you click Organization Info it will allow you to enter your school details instead.

I don't think you should have any problems if you just leave it as Apple though.

Hope that helps.

Thank Post
    Thanks. I was just concerned when the message popped up in iTunes after doing the update to ios7 saying the iPad had been supervised with a different computer.

I'm not sure why the ios7 package was corrupt when I attempted to update via Configurator.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j224 View Post
    Thanks. I was just concerned when the message popped up in iTunes after doing the update to ios7 saying the iPad had been supervised with a different computer.

I'm not sure why the ios7 package was corrupt when I attempted to update via Configurator.
    I would back up your configurator now, delete your copy of iOS7 and download this again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I would back up your configurator now, delete your copy of iOS7 and download this again
    Anyone know where Configurator saves the ios update file? I can't find it anywhere.

Thank Post
    Anyone know where Configurator saves the ios update file? I can't find it anywhere.
    It's stored in...
    ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.configurator/

Thank Post
    It's stored in...
    ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.configurator/
    That's what I discovered from Google but I don't seem to have the 'Containers' folder in the Library.

Thank Post
    That's what I discovered from Google but I don't seem to have the 'Containers' folder in the Library.

You looking in the wrong library folder at the root directory not in the user library folder

Thank Post
    You looking in the wrong library folder at the root directory not in the user library folder
    Ok. Starting at the 'Macintosh HD' level, I've got these folders- Applications, Library, System, User Guides And Information, and Users.

If I open the Library folder, I've got no folders called 'Containers'.
    If I open the System folder, I've got one folder within that called 'Library'. If I open that one, there's no folders called 'Containers'

Where am I going wrong?

Thank Post
    Ok. Starting at the 'Macintosh HD' level, I've got these folders- Applications, Library, System, User Guides And Information, and Users.

If I open the Library folder, I've got no folders called 'Containers'.
    If I open the System folder, I've got one folder within that called 'Library'. If I open that one, there's no folders called 'Containers'

Where am I going wrong?
    Macintosh HD>Users>"your user name">library>Containers

Thank Post
    Macintosh HD>Users>"your user name">library>Containers
    Thanks for your help with this.

I've just followed the path Macintosh HD> Users> "myusername" and I have no Library folder in there. I just have- Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures and Public.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help with this.

I've just followed the path Macintosh HD> Users> "myusername" and I have no Library folder in there. I just have- Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures and Public.

That would indicate that you are using 10.7 or 10.8 so that folder is hidden, if you goto the Finder hold down the "Alt" and click on the "go" menu underneath "home" will be your library folder.

Thank Post
    That would indicate that you are using 10.7 or 10.8 so that folder is hidden, if you goto the Finder hold down the "Alt" and click on the "go" menu underneath "home" will be your library folder.
    I'm using 10.8.5 and thank you very much, I have no located the Configurator files! Now just to find the corrupted ios download to delete...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread