+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Lightspeed mdm app push in Technical; I am currently using the lightspeed mdm to manage the iPad's in our school. However I am running into a ...
  1. #1
    Shadow_Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Lightspeed mdm app push

    I am currently using the lightspeed mdm to manage the iPad's in our school. However I am running into a problem with the fact i need to enter my login details everytime to get onto the internet through the lightspeed proxy. This means that instead of just pushing all the apps out i want i have to enter my credentials then let the apps download. This is causing the process to be painfully slow at times so is there anyway round this issue.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    159
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Walker View Post
    I am currently using the lightspeed mdm to manage the iPad's in our school. However I am running into a problem with the fact i need to enter my login details everytime to get onto the internet through the lightspeed proxy. This means that instead of just pushing all the apps out i want i have to enter my credentials then let the apps download. This is causing the process to be painfully slow at times so is there anyway round this issue.

    thanks
    You say you are using Lightspeed MDM, but are you also using a Lightspeed Rocket as you say you need to authenticate through the "Lightspeed Proxy"?

  3. Thanks to Brimstone from:

    aidenbran2000 (28th May 2014)

  4. #3
    Shadow_Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    You say you are using Lightspeed MDM, but are you also using a Lightspeed Rocket as you say you need to authenticate through the "Lightspeed Proxy"?
    When you open safari on the iPad it asks you for your school username and password. If you dont enter your details it dosent allow you onto the internet.

  5. Thanks to Shadow_Walker from:

    aidenbran2000 (28th May 2014)

  6. #4
    Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    159
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Walker View Post
    When you open safari on the iPad it asks you for your school username and password. If you dont enter your details it dosent allow you onto the internet.
    Why are attempting to manage the iPads using an iPad, or are you trying to enrol the iPads into the MDM?

  7. #5
    Shadow_Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Problem sorted now had to change some settings in the rocket but just to clarify when a student or a teacher goes to use the internet on an iPad they must sign in to start using it as it authenticates them and allows us to know what they are doing on the device. So the problem was it kept asking me on each iPad to connect to the internet.

  8. Thanks to Shadow_Walker from:

    aidenbran2000 (28th May 2014)

  9. #6
    Shadow_Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Why are attempting to manage the iPads using an iPad, or are you trying to enrol the iPads into the MDM?
    Just a quick question do you use a lightspeed system?

  10. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    86
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Walker View Post
    Problem sorted now had to change some settings in the rocket but just to clarify when a student or a teacher goes to use the internet on an iPad they must sign in to start using it as it authenticates them and allows us to know what they are doing on the device. So the problem was it kept asking me on each iPad to connect to the internet.
    That is the lightspeed rocket webfilter.
    Nothing to do with the Lightspeed MDMv3

    If the rocket is set up correct with the allow list, it wont need user authentication to push apps to it. But only if they actually go on the internet.

  11. #8
    Shadow_Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by internetuser View Post
    That is the lightspeed rocket webfilter.
    Nothing to do with the Lightspeed MDMv3

    If the rocket is set up correct with the allow list, it wont need user authentication to push apps to it. But only if they actually go on the internet.
    Thanks for that

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Lightspeed MDM user guide
    By BKGarry in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14th January 2014, 10:45 AM
  2. Silent Install/Push of Apps onto iPads
    By wesleyw in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd November 2013, 11:02 PM
  3. ipads and meraki. not pushing apps
    By abillybob in forum Mac
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th September 2013, 09:17 PM
  4. Lightspeed MDM for Android
    By Simcfc73 in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th April 2013, 10:50 PM
  5. [iPad] MDM with Apps
    By SovietRussia in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th March 2013, 10:16 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •