+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Book Creator app - Free Version in Technical; I have a school who have the free version of the "Book Creator" app on their iPads. It seems that ...

Thank Post

Book Creator app - Free Version

I have a school who have the free version of the "Book Creator" app on their iPads. It seems that you are only allowed a maximum of 2 books on the iPad before you have to upgrade to the paid version. Is this correct? If so, can anyone recommend any other equivalent FREE apps that they can use? I have seen BookPress, is it any good? The recommendations have to be free apps as although the school is registered for Apple VPP, they have no way of paying for apps using a credit/procurement card

Thank Post
    I don't have any other suggestions but yes, you are correct that you are limited with the free version of Book Creator. We had to buy it in the end. I'd be interested to see what others suggest!

Thank Post
    So you are querying buying one of the best apps for literacy at 2.99 a copy (1.99 for more than 20 copies) to run on devices that cost 300.00 or near that figure.

My suggestion would be to give the iPads back and work out your plan again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    So you are querying buying one of the best apps for literacy at 2.99 a copy (1.99 for more than 20 copies) to run on devices that cost 300.00 or near that figure.

woreilly may not have been the one deciding to buy the iPads without thinking about apps first!
    Last edited by LeMarchand; 15th May 2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: "Mention" tags playing up

Thank Post
    I don't know of any free alternatives. The only suggestion I have is to get some iTunes vouchers as an alternative payment method.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by APMerry View Post
    I don't know of any free alternatives. The only suggestion I have is to get some iTunes vouchers as an alternative payment method.
    May run into some issues here as you'd need to buy the app on a separate iPad on a new AppleID account due to licensing agreements, otherwise every school would just buy it once and assign that AppleID with every iPad, plus how are they going to purchase the vouchers without a credit card? If the school has let's say 50+ iPads and have to put 5 on every individual AppleID account that's a much bigger expense and a lot of cash to take to Sainsburys.

I'd say tell them to put up with it until they apply for a credit card there is no other way, you are slowly finding the limitations of these devices. Make them deal with the issue and at some point they will have to scurry around trying to get credit cards, Macs etc to manage them properly it's not your problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    woreilly may not have been the one deciding to buy the iPads without thinking about apps first!

I'm almost positive he wasn't but governors or HT's buying the cheapest iPads around from socalledipadreseller.co.uk don't get the best advice, help or ideas about planning for these. I realise most of you on here have to deal with all that shortfall, I personally believe Apple should not of let any Joe get their hands on them to resell these but there you are...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,443 Posts
    I'm sure some nice suppliers on here could provide iTunes vouchers @Millgate @CPLTD @ICTDirect_Dave

Ben

9. Thanks to plexer from:

CPLTD (10th June 2014)

Thank Post
    With VPP you can buy credit from Apple using a Purchase Order.

Thank Post
    I'm almost positive he wasn't
    I misread "work out your plan" (my emphasis) as an assumption that s/he was involved. Alas, IME the process goes:

1) Shiny! Cool!
    2) Want!
    3) SUPERschool X says they can totally transform learning!
    4) I can get a free one from the school! I'll buy a load 'cuz they're COOL!
    5) What do I do with them now/where are all my programs/where are all my documents/how do I print/why can't I get on the internet at school?
    6) The techie can sort it all out - I'll be generous and give him/her 10 minutes. S/he's not having an iPad to work on though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I'm sure some nice suppliers on here could provide iTunes vouchers @Millgate @CPLTD @ICTDirect_Dave

Ben
    Have to say I just bought some Mac's and iPad's from @Millgate and hot dignity damn they're fast at shipping, they're top people that work their couldn't recommend them enough. I have also dealt with @ICTDirect_Dave and he is also very good, has very competitive prices and a friendly fellow. I'm sure if you where to ask them they'd try and help as much as they can.

13. Thanks to abillybob from:

ICTDirect_Dave (16th May 2014)

Thank Post

Actually, I'm not a teacher so I'm unaware of it being "one of the best apps for literacy". I'm just the dogs body who has to deploy out to the iPads and the school asked me if there were any alternatives. They are more than likely to be prepared to pay once we have sorted out the process of obtaining VPP Credit without a Procurement Card!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I personally believe Apple should not of let any Joe get their hands on them to resell these but there you are...
    Gah I take umbridge old fellow.

Joe

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread