+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Beware of new Odin Virus! Feel like an idiot! in Technical; Hi Guys Just a quick heads up when searching for the latest Odin 3.09 download don't use Download Odin 3.09 ...

Thank Post

Beware of new Odin Virus! Feel like an idiot!

Hi Guys

Just a quick heads up when searching for the latest Odin 3.09 download don't use Download Odin 3.09 - Odin download with Samsung ROM Flashing Tool, last night I had to perform a system restore after installing the software, I knew Odin normally came as a portable application but I thought they might have changed things so wen ahead and opened the .exe from this website. The website itself look legit enough, there was a lot of pages of terms and conditions advertising various pieces of add-on software, I declined all and kept reading until I saw Odin to accept it!

Even though I declined it still installed a bunch of Malware and advertising programmes onto my computer, with no actual way to delete them I just did a system restore but lost all my work from 4 days ago! It's the number one link on Google when searching for the download and it doesn't even give you Odin at the end of it! Feel like a right idiot as normally I can tell if it's something dodgy!

Anyway just a head up guys make sure to get the download from XDA Developers and nowhere else!

Alex

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Did the download link to Odin on the SamMobile website not work for you? This takes you directly to Mega.co.nz where it is hosted.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Did the download link to Odin on the SamMobile website not work for you? This takes you directly to Mega.co.nz where it is hosted.

I tried that and it got stuck at 60% and wouldn't move so I thought i'd just Google is as I have done before and find a direct download link, I did eventually find one but wish I never clicked on the previous one mentioned! I should also mention that Odin didn't re-install my OS, I put my phone into download mode and Odin had shown me the Pass sign but my old OS with all my apps was still there. I found out after a bit of research last night Three now lock the OS and create a small recovery boot partition, so if you try to flash your phone on it's first startup it re-installs your old OS from a backup!

The only way to get around this is to request a number to unlock your phone to all networks this also takes off the lockdown from Three, I am really disappointed thus far with Three, they have installed rubbish bloatware, branded the OS and now locking them down, if I'd of known this I would have bought the phone outright and gone to GiffGaff, Three never used to brand the OS in anyway it always used to use BTU firmware.

They've changed and not for the better in my opinion.
    Last edited by abillybob; 2nd May 2014 at 09:02 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread