+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Well this is weird! Galaxy Note 3 in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Well this is weird! Galaxy Note 3

Hey Guys

I have got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, great phone and I love the screen size and the power this little beast has when playing games.... although for the last few weeks some of you may be aware it's been playing up! I have winged on here a few times about it though this next thing will blow your mind and it is quite scary.

It has happened on two occassions now my mum rang me the one and as I answered the call I heard a stangers Voicemail messaging system something along the lines of "Hello this is John, I'm away from my desk at the minute but please leave a telephone number and your name I will get back to you", it was mentally strange as my mum could hear me on her end but all I heard was this weird Voicemail message from a person I don't know in anyway. I got confused but forgot about it as she rang me straight back and all was well again.

Yesterday the same thing happened this time it was my Girlfriend calling me I answered the phone and again ANOTHER different persons voicemail answered, this time it was a womans voice in some sort of clinic asking me to leave details and she'd get back to me! I hung up the phone my girlfriend called me back and it was perfectly fine again. I asked my girlfriend if she could hear my voice as I was constantly saying "Hello?" out of confusion and she said she could but I didn't hear her only this random voicemail.

It's especially strange as it's not me calling them it's them calling me, It's when I answer!

I know it's not a virus or anything like that the phone has only just been restored back to factory settings, since the 4.4.2 KitKat update it's been all over the place apps that worked perfectly don't work now and will Stop Responding. Samsung did have the phone but couldn't find a fault and after taking it to Three they said they couldn't do anything about it as it's not within the first 30 days of the contract. The phone isn't exactly cheap costing me £38 per month and it's got to a stage where I'm just sick of it! It was fine before the update not a single problem, I thought it maybe the case my phone's OS got corrupted during the update so I tried to restore it but the only way to do this is to Factory Reset I can't load a fresh version of the OS onto it!!

Has anyone else experienced any kind of issues like the Voicemail thingy and what do you think I should do I feel like I have no place left to turn!!!

Cheers Edugeekers!
    Last edited by abillybob; 1st May 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    since the 4.4.2 KitKat update it's been all over the place. Apps that worked perfectly don't work now and will stop responding.
    Samsung's apps or third-party apps from the Play Store? Do the affected apps support KitKat? Also, have you tried clearing the apps data (via App Info) and/or uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Three they said they couldn't do anything about it as it's not within the first 30 days of the contract.
    The voicemail issue sounds like it could be network related. Have Three looked into that?

I tried to restore it but the only way to do this is to Factory Reset. I can't load a fresh version of the OS onto it!!
    You can download a fresh copy of the firmware from the SamMobile website. Make sure you choose the correct model number/network and read the instructions carefully though.

www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Samsung's apps or third-party apps from the Play Store? Do the affected apps support KitKat? Also, have you tried clearing the apps data (via App Info) and/or uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
    They are third party apps but they work perfectly fine on my friends Note 3 on 4.4.2, and they worked perfectly fine on my phone before the update, the apps are compatible with 4.4.2!

The voicemail issue sounds like it could be network related. Have Three looked into that?
    Nope I haven't contacted them about this issue yet as it's only just started and it would be kind of hard to prove, I've never heard of anything like this happening before!

You can download a fresh copy of the firmware from the SamMobile website. Make sure you choose the correct model number/network and read the instructions carefully though.

www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/
    Cheers mate I will try this though I am a little worried if this will void the warranty on the phone?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 2,096 Posts
    I am a little worried if this will void the warranty on the phone?
    It shouldn't since the firmware is from Samsung (although the website isn't owned by Samsung).

Did you buy the phone online or in a shop?

Thank Post
    I had a similar problem with a galaxy s4 on kitkat although I couldn't hear my wife she was put though to someone's voicemail it was also hit and miss as to whether my phone would ring or not. Turns out there was a fault with a mast in the area, O2 said it may have been a crossed connection and assured me It wouldn't happen again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, surely this is a network problem and not a phone problem?

Thank Post
    This would never ever be a phone issue due to the way the network connects callers together.

Call your network op.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    This would never ever be a phone issue due to the way the network connects callers together.

Call your network op.
    Ok Guys cheers will do just that when I get home! I have heard about these people that steal your phone and make your phone dial another number before connecting you to the person you're trying to call therefore charging you loads as you are effectively going through their telephone line so this worried me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It shouldn't since the firmware is from Samsung (although the website isn't owned by Samsung).

Did you buy the phone online or in a shop?
    I bought it from a Three Store in Telford. I will use the firmware from Sam mobile that I have obtained and flash it using Odin, hopefully this will sort the issues otherwise I'll try a 4.3 version again and see if the problems are still there! Last time I tried using Sammobile it couldn't find my firmware so I was surprised when I got sent the link and all seems to be ok!

Thank Post
    Ok so I have flashed my phone using Odin, bit weird though as soon as the device restarts it just loads the old OS back on with all my apps still on there nothing has changed, I have done it correctly and done exactly what Samobile have said! WTF is going on with this flaming phone! Grrr

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,507 Posts
    It'll re-load your apss and contacts etc.... from google.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    It'll re-load your apss and contacts etc.... from google.

Ben
    That's not what it's done the phone has even remembered my background wallpaper previous internet history, nothing has changed and everything is how it was, Wi-Fi password the lot! It's exactly the same???

Thank Post
    Sounds like you need to go into the recovery first and format it and then use download mode and Odin to flash the firmware. If you are flashing the official firmware straight over the OS it wouldn't remove all your settings etc anyway, the same as if you flash an official firmware from a different region (ie: Poland or something), it doesnt wipe your settings out either until you factory reset.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poults View Post
    Sounds like you need to go into the recovery first and format it and then use download mode and Odin to flash the firmware. If you are flashing the official firmware straight over the OS it wouldn't remove all your settings etc anyway, the same as if you flash an official firmware from a different region (ie: Poland or something), it doesnt wipe your settings out either until you factory reset.
    What if I put a different version on? Fir instance my Note 3 is on Three's firmware (H3G) if I then install Samsung Stock (BTU) will this overwrite the old firmware? Will I still have to factory reset?

Thank Post
    You ought to do a full reset everytime you load a new ROM and probably clear the dalvik cache too. It might not be completely necessary but aside from manufacturer released upgrades (ie OTA) it's what I do each time

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread