+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Work around adding mass WiFi setting/profile to iPads, when iPads are in DEP? in Technical; It seems like once iPads are assigned to your MDM in DEP, you basically can't use apple configurator. I get ...

Thank Post

Work around adding mass WiFi setting/profile to iPads, when iPads are in DEP?

It seems like once iPads are assigned to your MDM in DEP, you basically can't use apple configurator.

I get an error during activation, since it expects you to activate via DEP.

And your left with no way of manually adding any profiles , like WiFi. If you have a cart of iPads this means adding each one to the wireless point one at a time.

Any thoughts ?

Manny

Thank Post
    I think I will just setup a Wireless point , with no security enabled. This will make it easy to get the iPads online.

gsk

Thank Post
    I saw this thread and rushed in thinking you had a special way to get DEP. It turns out that you have but relocating to the US seems extreme...

I can't help with DEP because the UK doesn't have it yet. It will hopefully be great when it does, but we just need to wait for now. Have you used the Apple ID for Students programme yet? How much are you able to pre setup for the students with that? We want to be able to hand over the iPads with all the accounts setup and just give them the user details and not have to get them to set anything up. Does the Student Apple ID programme do that?

Sorry for thread hijack!

Thank Post
    I have not used Student Apple ID's yet. I also haven't done 1:1 , we are almost there.

Manny

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread