+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Hide the PIN when unlocking iPad in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to stop an iPad from highlighting the buttons as you press them when unlocking an iPad?
    Would this work?

A trick for unlocking your iPad faster with an external Bluetooth keyboard « Finer Things in Tech

If you use an external Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad (or iPhone) as well as a passcode to lock your device, you don't need to slide to unlock to start the process. Just start typing your passcode on your external keyboard and iOS will figure it out.

Update: Thanks to Shawn Blanc, you don’t even need to turn on the display before starting to type your passcode.

Thank Post
    Possibly, although it seems a dramatic (and expensive) measure to have to take! That said, many of the staff might want "proper" keyboards for their iPads anyway...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Staff should be able to cope with any of the suggestions mentioned including switching inputs on the projector or using the freeze button as unfortunately there doesn't look like there is a native way to achieve what you want so you will have to settle for a compromise.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    As I've already said, I would feel much happier with something automated. It makes things easier for the teachers and saves me time in reminding everyone and remembering to tell new staff.

Also, I don't believe you CAN disconnect from AirPlay while the iPad is locked...
    As I said before using control centre on the iPad to disconnect first, you can do this in the lock screen.

This is a basic feature of using an iPad. if teachers can not learn how to do this then to be frank they shouldn't be using iPads in the first place...

5. 2 Thanks to Brimstone:

bossman (22nd April 2014), plexer (22nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Staff should be able to cope with any of the suggestions mentioned
    They shouldn't have to "cope with" something though. Also, the consequences of them forgetting could be bad. Let's be honest, they're unlikely to change their PIN as soon as the lesson finishes if they accidentally display it, so students would be able to access their iPad if they got their hands on it later; also, the code might be used elsewhere by that staff member as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,460 Posts
    I find it hard to believe that you don't think that your staff can utilize basic functions of a projector in order to protect their pins?

Re-use of pins/passwords is bad, you are trying to do something that isn't possible so no matter what your opinion is you will have to use one of the suggested workarounds.

Ben

8. Thanks to plexer from:

bossman (22nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    I find it hard to believe that you don't think that your staff can utilize basic functions of a projector in order to protect their pins?
    I am confident that 99% of our staff could manage this 99% of the time, but that still leaves a margin for error, and I would like to make things as easy as possible for people, so if there were a tick-box somewhere which removed this problem, then I would tick it. Plus, not every classroom has a remote control with the projector!

you are trying to do something that isn't possible so no matter what your opinion is you will have to use one of the suggested workarounds.
    This is true, sadly. I had hoped it would be possible to find a hands-off/hassle-free solution for the staff, but evidently it isn't with iPad (unlike Android and Windows RT).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12