+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Mobile Device Management (MDM's) in Technical; Hi All, I work at a School that currently doesn't have any tablets but is interested in buying some in ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs up Mobile Device Management (MDM's)

Hi All,

I work at a School that currently doesn't have any tablets but is interested in buying some in the near future.

As such I've been doing some research, I've found this site which is great and has a bunch of MDM systems I hadn't considered but since I've been out of Education for a while I thought I ask what you all use here?

I'm tempted by Lightspeed as we already have the Rocket which is pretty good but any advice would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    Hi All,

I work at a School that currently doesn't have any tablets but is interested in buying some in the near future.

As such I've been doing some research, I've found this site which is great and has a bunch of MDM systems I hadn't considered but since I've been out of Education for a while I thought I ask what you all use here?

I'm tempted by Lightspeed as we already have the Rocket which is pretty good but any advice would be great.

Thanks

Rob

If you already have a Rocket, then Lightspeed MDM would be you're best choice to look at first. The MDM integrates with the Rocket connected to your directory services with My Big Campus. It will also have SIMMS integration shortly.

Thank Post
    Hi RobD, If you need to compare any of those choices via price pm me with your choices and I'll hook you up.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hello RobD,
    Welcome back to education.
    Lightspeed is a great MDM and My Big Campus is a valuable addition to have with it. As you know from a quick Google search its not the only one. With some tablets like the Learnpad you have access to a web based management system. We have lots of experience with tablets in the classroom and the various ways you can manage them efficiently and are happy to spend some time answering your questions if you want to get in contact.
    Last edited by Cablers_JonPaul; 15th April 2014 at 02:15 PM.

Thank Post
    There is a lot to think about (not just which MDM to use) as I am sure you will be aware when it comes to rolling out mobile devices (tablets) across the network. It would make sense to work with a provider who has experience of this but at the same time, do your own research as you will certainly be able to save money in certain areas.

For instance, the MDM that Meraki offers is free but you will want to check it ticks all the boxes for you compared to other products such as the lightspeed one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It will certainly make your head spin and that's before you take your proposal to the SLT for approval. Every school we have worked with has had different requirements and needs. There is no such thing as a best MDM, all you can do is find the best fit for your schools needs.

Is your school part of a cluster, if so what are the other schools using or are you leading the way? Most of the MDM manufactures will be able to provide you with contact details for their reference sites. You cant beat talking to the other network managers who use these solutions on a daily basis.

Thank Post
    The School has a technology partner who I'm sure will provide plenty of help if I felt I needed it but I was really just generally interested in what the menagerie of network managers on Edugeek used on the off chance there was a common technology I'd missed. Thanks for all the comments anyhow.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you want i can pm you the details of of a high school using Lightspeed. I am sure the network manager wont mind sharing their thoughts on it with you.

Thank Post
    Hi @RobD thanks for posting. @VeryPC can help you in specifying the tablet hardware, and have some exciting new developments upcoming in the mobile computing space with some great new education focused tablet and hybrid products for windows, and android. We'd be happy to help you there. Best, Col

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread