+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Ipad Woes in Technical; Meraki does now seem to support silent app pushing - although it's not quite silent as each user has to ...

Thank Post
    Meraki does now seem to support silent app pushing - although it's not quite silent as each user has to accept the download, they don't have to enter a password though. https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2014/0...lent-app-push/

Thank Post
    That's great zwilliams thanks........very useful. In that example the app is assigned to a user - whereas in school we wouldn't do that....as the Ipads are used by many kids....can you still push it out silently I wonder?

Thank Post
    I followed SEAWOLFS guide in setuping up ipads on school and all seem to go well be when i came to ipad 11 of 16 it says i cannot register anymore devices with this apple id.

I am telling it to install Music, apps, updates automatically. Even thou his guid only mentions apps only to install. automatically.

I have 2 banks of 16 ipads to do by end of the week

I am using apple configuarter and Apple Profile manager.
    What am I doing wrong.

Stuart

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rama1712 View Post
    I followed SEAWOLFS guide in setuping up ipads on school and all seem to go well be when i came to ipad 11 of 16 it says i cannot register anymore devices with this apple id.

I am telling it to install Music, apps, updates automatically. Even thou his guid only mentions apps only to install. automatically.

I have 2 banks of 16 ipads to do by end of the week

I am using apple configuarter and Apple Profile manager.
    What am I doing wrong.

Stuart
    Have you got iBooks enabled on Profile Manager and the iPads? iBooks work differently when pushing out books to devices, instead of pushing out to each device it simply takes the license from the book and gives it to the AppleID that device is associated with, it should only work with 1 Device although it seemed to keep going on 14 of mine until the 15th and 16th where I found out I needed to turn off Automatic Downloads of Books on the device. Try this it may be ok after!

Thank Post
    I didn't read this whole thread but if it not been mentioned this isn't what the Meraki MDM is for. it is for BYOD not fully managed devices.

gsk

Thank Post
    Meraki (and the other MDMs) can only do a silent install using the 'managed distribution' method where you link your VPP account to your MDM account using the token based method rather than with VPP redemption codes. You will need to have the option in the settings enabled to 'auto download new purchases' otherwise it will just make it appear as a purchased item in the app store that the user has to manually select to install.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk View Post
    Meraki (and the other MDMs) can only do a silent install using the 'managed distribution' method where you link your VPP account to your MDM account using the token based method rather than with VPP redemption codes. You will need to have the option in the settings enabled to 'auto download new purchases' otherwise it will just make it appear as a purchased item in the app store that the user has to manually select to install.
    Well this is the first time I have seen red reputation bar! No reputation but 161 posts and a member since 2009?
    I am not arguing your case with Meraki as I have not used it in a while so things may have changed just shocked me to see an account this bad, I had to say something and ask How, Why?

gsk

Thank Post
    I have no idea how the rep system works. Maybe I have nothing useful to say!? I'm not aware of having annoyed too many people.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123