+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Apple Configurator: Unable to send ProceedWithKeybagMigration command to device in Technical; We are trying to supervise a bunch of iPads using Apple Configurator (1.5), however we keep having devices randomly fail ...
    Thank Post

Angry Apple Configurator: Unable to send ProceedWithKeybagMigration command to device

We are trying to supervise a bunch of iPads using Apple Configurator (1.5), however we keep having devices randomly fail to restore/refresh.

It appears as AC is trying to refresh a device, it gets to the 'Checking Supervision' stage and then fails with the 'Unable to send ProceedWithKeybagMigration command to device' error message. I've Googled this and I'm unable to find anything of help. After a device fails with this error message, if you attempt to refresh it again it may well complete successfully.

I'm wondering if anyone here has come across this error and how/if you resolved it.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InterwebsGuy View Post
    We are trying to supervise a bunch of iPads using Apple Configurator (1.5), however we keep having devices randomly fail to restore/refresh.

It appears as AC is trying to refresh a device, it gets to the 'Checking Supervision' stage and then fails with the 'Unable to send ProceedWithKeybagMigration command to device' error message. I've Googled this and I'm unable to find anything of help. After a device fails with this error message, if you attempt to refresh it again it may well complete successfully.

I'm wondering if anyone here has come across this error and how/if you resolved it.

Cheers
    I would check to ensure you are running the latest version of iTunes, Configurator and iOS it's likely that a command sent via your keychain has failed

3. Thanks to Brimstone from:

InterwebsGuy (10th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I would check to ensure you are running the latest version of iTunes, Configurator and iOS it's likely that a command sent via your keychain has failed
    Sorry, I did forget to add everything is up to date.

I'm puzzled by this error!

Thank Post
    I've just had the same problem and I think it was the fact that the iPads were new and the date/time and time zone were set wrong. Changed that and it started working.

6. Thanks to EL_S from:

InterwebsGuy (10th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EL_S View Post
    I've just had the same problem and I think it was the fact that the iPads were new and the date/time and time zone were set wrong. Changed that and it started working.
    Interesting. That's worth investigating, cheers, I'll take a look.

Thank Post
    Try resetting the Network Settings on the device that's reporting the error.

9. Thanks to Arcticomp from:

InterwebsGuy (7th May 2014)

gsk

Thank Post
    Are you restoring a backup?

I found with this error that by preparing and supervising the device first and then restoring the backup it would work fine.

Cheers,

11. Thanks to gsk from:

InterwebsGuy (7th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticomp View Post
    Try resetting the Network Settings on the device that's reporting the error.
    This was one of the first things we tried, followed by unsupervising the iPad then erasing all content and reseting the iPad (just for good measure). Sadly it doesn't solve it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk View Post
    Are you restoring a backup?

I found with this error that by preparing and supervising the device first and then restoring the backup it would work fine.

Cheers,
    Yes, we are. We do it the way you describe, as standard practice, supervise the devices first, then restore a backup afterwards. Each time the iPads go back into their trolley, AC resets and restores the backup to them - this tends to be when this error message randomly pops up. Hitting the refresh button on AC will successfully restore the backup to the device that just had the error, which to me, is the strange part.

Thank Post
    Just to add to this thread, we wiped the Mbp that hosts our AC instance, and started over again with everything. All iPads were unsupervised before changing the Mbp's hard disk, and all iPads fully reset for good measure before starting a fresh with it all. This error message still randomly pops up on different devices, though I would say it seems less frequent than before. I really cannot fathom why this is happening, to the point I'm considering trying to open some kind of support call with Apple about it now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread