+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Does anyone use AirCatch for iPads in Technical; Just wondering if anyone has ever used AirCatch as a solution for getting work on an iPad back onto your ...
    Thank Post

Does anyone use AirCatch for iPads

Just wondering if anyone has ever used AirCatch as a solution for getting work on an iPad back onto your server at school. I just want to know in terms of how easy it is to setup and how easy is it for the kids to use to see if it is a solution for our school.

thanks

Thank Post
    Hi again,

As you know, the school I work in use it after seeing it at this years BETT show. We took advantage of the free trial from their website and found out for ourselves how easy it was, easy install and little configuration. I had a question at one stage and just have the guys at aircatch a call and they were helpful and polite.

We have had it running for around a month now and the kids are managing fine, I don't think it could be any easier to be honest, I couldn't say the same for the file browser apps I trialed.

John

3. 2 Thanks to TopTech:

BITS_Mark (8th April 2014), speckytecky (3rd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTech View Post
    Hi again,

As you know, the school I work in use it after seeing it at this years BETT show. We took advantage of the free trial from their website and found out for ourselves how easy it was, easy install and little configuration. I had a question at one stage and just have the guys at aircatch a call and they were helpful and polite.

We have had it running for around a month now and the kids are managing fine, I don't think it could be any easier to be honest, I couldn't say the same for the file browser apps I trialed.

John

Thanks for the reply, think we are going to trial it to see what it is like.

Thank Post
    Got to say I really liked the look of AirCatch when I first saw your post on the 1st of April. I downloaded the trial and it worked well. I spent a day making my own though as the concept is quite easy and the price fairly high seeing as its an annual cost of £595 for us.

A local mail server and a script to download the files and pop them in the right folder along with a profile made in Apple Configurator for the mail settings deployment. It depends if you have the time I guess.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

I thought I would comment in here as we are new to the world of EduGeek. I'm Mark from BITS, the creators behind AirCatch.

We created AirCatch on the request of a local school, with a thorough knowledge of schools from the past 22 years experience,we set about creating AirCatch to be as easy and simple to install and use as possible. From the feedback we have had so far, I'd like to think we did this. Please feel free to download a trial and see for yourself, we would be happy to assist in any way.

Download for trial version.
    http://www.aircatch.co.uk/Downloads/...r_18022014.zip

Thanks for the compliments John, we're glad it's working out for you.

Fair play to Imgtfy!

For those that donít have the time or skill of Imgtfy, drop me a pm and Iíll send across contact details of schools currently using AirCatch, alternatively, I'm sure John/Top Tech, as seen above would be happy to help as he already has.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by BITS_Mark; 8th April 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm interested in this as well, but wondering about file size limits?

Thank Post
    Hi,

There are no file size limitations within AirCatch itself, the only limitations which users may come across are from within the apps you wish to save the data from, e.g. DrawIT having a 10MB limit, MovieMaker having no limit. Some apps have no file size limits, some do from what we have found.

It is worth mentioning, some apps do not apply a file extension to the file being sent from the iPad, "Comic Touch" is an example. AirCatch is able to identify the files being sent and add a file extension is this is missing. (.jpg, .pdf etc)

Hope this helps,
    Mark

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread