+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iOS7.1 Released in Technical; Originally Posted by Tesla I have a filter set up for it, but i have a subscribed to freecycle, and ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I have a filter set up for it, but i have a subscribed to freecycle, and i have over 20000 unread!

Attachment 23281
    Crikey!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighterjim View Post
    Imagine the outcry if this was Microsoft taking this approach.
    Just saw this.... blatant tactic from apple Why Third-Party Browsers Will Always Be Inferior to Safari on iPhone and iPad

3. Thanks to Tesla from:

abillybob (12th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi Weibbe,

Many thanks on your post about AirPlay over Bluetooth. Will be very handy I am able to get it to work.

I have updated both my iPhone (5S) and iPad (64gb 4th gen) to iOS 7.1 and an Apple TV to 6.1 All 3 have Bluetooth on, and discoverable, however they don't find each other.

Am I missing a trick or two here to enable AirPlay over Bluetooth? I am trying in vain but nothing seems work.

Can you shed some light or advise please?

Many thanks in advance,

Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Wiebbe View Post
    Something constructive:

iOS 7.1 and AppleTV 6.1 contain a Bluetooth pairing method for AirPlay. With this it is really easy to connect to an AppleTV that is located in a different subnet. Before we had to use a Bonjour Gateway, creating a huge list of all our AppleTV's and Macs in the network on a iPad. With this (with my limited testing so far..) it only shows the AppleTV's that are really nearby and have swapped IP information for AirPlay. Great solution.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

iOS7.1 Released

Of course,that's the simple short-sighted anti-Apple answer isn't it. However, like most things, the real story is a bit more interesting and more fact-filled.

The Nitro render engine is restricted at least for one very good reason because it uses JIT, which poses a security risks if 3rd party apps were allowed to use it.

http://daringfireball.net/2011/03/nitro_ios_43

But, let's say Apple did bow to pressure from all of those people who aren't actually iOS users anyway for some reason and allowed access to Nitro. A short while later, when the malware floodgates open and iOS has the same 800 percent increase in malware that Android had in 2013, then Apple would be crucified by the media and all of the lemming like Apple-haters who had been decrying iOS' lack of "openness".

http://www.ciol.com/ciol/news/210622...continue-steal

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/security...n-android.aspx

Of course, Google hasn't received the flak about Android malware that Apple would receive for two reasons (1) because the Google-haters aren't nearly so rabid or prone to spew forth bile without actual facts to back them up and (2) people don't generally expect Android to be free from malware anymore. They do expect this from iOS. And, given that a recent study showed that only .07% of mobile malware targets iOS while 79% targets Android (far disproportionate to the higher market share of Android - so arguing iOS has "security by obscurity" is entirely without merit) it's clear that Android is far from free of malware and has some real security issues. Given the high value target iOS users are to malware writers - isn't it so very odd that they are targeted so infrequently? Or, perhaps it's just that Apple may be on to something when it comes to mobile security.

Of course, if you want to have a hack-tabulous time on your smartphone or tablet - you should buy an Android. Just don't be surprised when you are infected with malware. If you do, them the article below can help.

http://www.citeworld.com/security/22...re-how-to-tell
    Last edited by seawolf; 12th March 2014 at 07:54 PM.

6. Thanks to seawolf from:

Brimstone (12th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    I did find if you jailbreak an iDevice it's the best thing out there then, all the extra configuration's, tweaks and mods make the iPhone amazing!

99 per cent of people are not even bothered about a Jailbreak anymore, if they want to or even understand how to do this, they will buy an Android phone. There's a lot a great jailbreak tweaks for the iPhone and iPad and many of them let you do a lot more on the device, BUT the people doing this are prepared to DFU their iPhone/iPad on a few occasions, the general population won't have the clue what to do next if this happens so they don't play with Jailbraking

Apple's view is all about the user experience to make it as easy as possibly to do want you want to do on the device, just like a Mac...

Thank Post

Articles like the link posted above show entirely that the technology writer has no idea about the iOS encrypted nature and the high levels of security that it offers...

http://images.apple.com/ipad/busines...rity_Feb14.pdf

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234