+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iOS7.1 Released in Technical; Originally Posted by seawolf It helps your case if you don't try to make a strong argument against cold, hard ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    It helps your case if you don't try to make a strong argument against cold, hard facts. The cold hard facts are that the A7 processor blew away every other smartphone CPU at the time of its release based on independent testing. No fairy dust or reality distortion field required.

iPhone A7 Chip Benchmarks: Forget the Specs, It Blows Everything Away

You will find my arguments to almost always be rational and based on logical analysis of available data. If that's being a sheep, then baah!
    I know that processor is the fastest in terms of benchmarking etc... what I'm saying is a 64bit processor in a mobile phone isn't needed and won't improve your experience in day to day activities enough to justify Apple's claims, it's like Siri, same concept Apple claimed it could do all this and that and then before they knew it people went to use it and it wouldn't understand the words you where saying to it. What Apple says isn't always the true factor that everyone should follow just because Apple says it's good isn't always the case it is, it's another marketing technique for people to buy into their goods again and again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    what I'm saying is a 64-bit processor in a mobile phone isn't needed
    It is...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    I know that processor is the fastest in terms of benchmarking etc... what I'm saying is a 64bit processor in a mobile phone isn't needed and won't improve your experience in day to day activities enough to justify Apple's claims, it's like Siri, same concept Apple claimed it could do all this and that and then before they knew it people went to use it and it wouldn't understand the words you where saying to it. What Apple says isn't always the true factor that everyone should follow just because Apple says it's good isn't always the case it is, it's another marketing technique for people to buy into their goods again and again.
    Sigh....you can't concede a single point even when it's like a bull staring you in the face.

Well, good night. Can't see the point in continuing.

4. 2 Thanks to seawolf:

Brimstone (11th March 2014), Marci (11th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Soooo... are we all getting this IOS7.1, or what?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That say's every major ARM manufacturer is moving to 64, not much on why.

The answer, of course, is two fold. More video based applications - higher resolutions, video phones, personal movies, editing, etc. And... Games - physics, AI, etc. Unlike the living room, the single unified device is a practical reality in the mobile world.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    My Nexus 5 supports AirPlay too. As Apple say, there's an app for that!

You don't even need to do that if your music has been uploaded to Google Play Music or can be accessed via DLNA.

There are also lots of ways to transfer files wirelessly to an Android device e.g. AirDroid, DroidNAS etc.
    Like apple say - there is an app for that ( Double Twist ) ??

With regards to droids and iTunes ?

Although not sure why droid users would want to do that as they always moan about iTunes and apple etc /sarcasm
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 11th March 2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Double Twist?
    AllCast, Streambels, Mirror, AirTight etc.

9. Thanks to Arthur from:

mac_shinobi (11th March 2014)

Thank Post
    I still do not get it. My Nexus 5 was 300, has no bloatware, actually has an assistant that works (Google Now) and does a crap load of stuff my sisters I-Phone can not do.

I read Apple are going to make Siri more like Google Now so it works better in cars.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    I still do not get it. My Nexus 5 was 300, has no bloatware, actually has an assistant that works (Google Now) and does a crap load of stuff my sisters I-Phone can not do.
    And the next iPhone will be better than the Nexus 5, and no doubt the next Nexus after that will be better than the iPhone, ad infinitum. Sometimes I wonder what Rank Xerox must think about these "OS wars" and "who stole what from whom?"

Thank Post
    And the next iPhone will be better than the Nexus 5, and no doubt the next Nexus after that will be better than the iPhone, ad infinitum. Sometimes I wonder what Rank Xerox must think about these "OS wars" and "who stole what from whom?"
    My point is based on price and configurability and unless Apple open up the OS it will never be as configurable as an android. Not fussed about hardware specs as they have pretty much reached a plateau point.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    unless Apple open up the OS it will never be as configurable as an android
    But does that really matter to anyone apart from a tiny minority? My iPhone does everything I want it to do and it does it well. I'd bet that the vast majority of people who use Android phones buy them because they're cheaper than the iPhone, not because they can root it. I doubt that they'd ever do anything which isn't possible outside of the stock interface.

Thank Post
    I did find if you jailbreak an iDevice it's the best thing out there then, all the extra configuration's, tweaks and mods make the iPhone amazing!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just going to chip in here, personally i have always generally been pro-android and anti-apple,with android being more configurable and customisable in general (Roms etc) and all that, but i have also since found i can't be arsed with faffing around with my phone, i rooted my old one for all of a ocuple of weeks before restoring the factory settings, so i think my next phone is just going to be an iphone.

Also KitKat has been out for a long time and it's only just started rolling out to Samsung's flagship s4 (which is my current phone)
    You know what you're going to get with an iPhone, android can be very hit and miss.

Thank Post
    I'm just doing this update now on my iPhone and thought I'd have a look at the supposed improvements/bug fixes and one of them has made me chuckle.

"Fixes display of mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000" What the . . . . !?!

If I switched on my device to find that amount of unread messages I'd have a heart attack!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a filter set up for it, but i have a subscribed to freecycle, and i have over 20000 unread!

2d3c6b0f538bebaa51b95410100be2a2.png

Quote Originally Posted by bodminman View Post
    I'm just doing this update now on my iPhone and thought I'd have a look at the supposed improvements/bug fixes and one of them has made me chuckle.

"Fixes display of mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000" What the . . . . !?!

If I switched on my device to find that amount of unread messages I'd have a heart attack!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast