+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, What IS the best handheld for KS3 classroom use? in Technical; How fortunate! I have just come out of an SLT meeting that has come down fairly heavily on the 'lets ...
    Thank Post
    How fortunate!

I have just come out of an SLT meeting that has come down fairly heavily on the 'lets buy 30 iPad's as it's the only way we can deliver the new curriculum' side of things.... Oh yeah and did we mention they're shiny and every other school has them...

As I've never even used one apart from to put proxy settings and wi-fi passwords in for the few SLT ones we already have, I am eagerly awaiting the challenges that will present themselves when little Johnny wants to save his 'Word' document in his home drive.... and working out a way to push a multitude of different apps to them (silently).... and printing all their wonderful, colourful app pages... and keeping them locked down with proxy settings... and stopping them accessing any 'Settings'.... or deleting stuff from the desktop (no it's probably not called a desktop).... NOT!

Kol.
    Last edited by Koldov; 6th March 2014 at 09:24 AM.

2. Thanks to Koldov from:

speckytecky (16th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There must be something in the water that certain members of SLTs are drinking currently I have explained to the SLT member here who is pushing this that being able to take photos, integrate it into a document in say the Pages app then Air Print and somehow store it isn't something that's going to happen easily. Then there's the wireless aspect and the fact that these devices are toward the breakable end of the spectrum. Bang for buck I don't think they are going to be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldov View Post
    How fortunate!

I have just come out of an SLT meeting that has come down fairly heavily on the 'lets buy 30 iPad's as it's the only way we can deliver the new curriculum' side of things.... Oh yeah and did we mention they're shiny and every other school has them...

As I've never even used one apart from to put proxy settings and wi-fi passwords in for the few SLT ones we already have, I am eagerly awaiting the challenges that will present themselves when little Johnny wants to save his 'Word' document in his home drive.... and working out a way to push a multitude of different apps to them (silently).... and printing all their wonderful, colourful app pages... and keeping them locked down with proxy settings... and stopping them accessing any 'Settings'.... or deleting stuff from the desktop (no it's probably not called a desktop).... NOT!

Kol.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12