+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, 300 iPads 4 won't connect to WiFi in Technical; Originally Posted by rob998 When I log in to the Meru Controller and select the list of connected devices the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob998 View Post
    When I log in to the Meru Controller and select the list of connected devices the MAC for the iPads in question are no listed - so they are no cached in the system. Assigning a static IP to the iPad doesn't get a connection.
    If it was a windows or linux system I presume it would get a dhcp ip address and in the list of devices would show the MAC Addy of the device that is connected ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    If it was a windows or linux system I presume it would get a dhcp ip address and in the list of devices would show the MAC Addy of the device that is connected ?
    Yes the Meru shows a list of connected devices from its management console

Capture.JPG

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdermott View Post
    I would suspect a mac address block within the wireless controller, try connecting one of them to any old stand alone wireless AP you have lying around.
    When I log in to the Meru Controller and select the list of connected devices the MAC for the iPads in question are no listed - so they are no cached in the system. Assigning a static IP to the iPad doesn't get a connection.
    Yes the Meru shows a list of connected devices from its management console

Capture.JPG
    From the above quote's and your comment, I would say that the iPad's don't appear to be getting a valid connection , presumably as per @jmcdermott comment as otherwise you would see the MAC Address of the iPad Device(s) in question.

Do you have any authentication ie certificate required or anything like that or is it just a WPA2 encryption with the relevant key etc or what exactly ?

4. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

rob998 (11th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    From the above quote's and your comment, I would say that the iPad's don't appear to be getting a valid connection , presumably as per @jmcdermott comment as otherwise you would see the MAC Address of the iPad Device(s) in question.

Do you have any authentication ie certificate required or anything like that or is it just a WPA2 encryption with the relevant key etc or what exactly ?
    It is just WPA2 with key. Scheduled a reboot on the wireless network tonight so will update in the morning.

This is a strange issue as there is nothing complicated about the connection process. Nothing changes on the Meru Wireless (nothing needs to as it works) - I only log in once a week to check logs etc so I know the config hasn't changed.

6. Thanks to rob998 from:

mac_shinobi (10th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

300 iPads 4 won't connect to WiFi

If you've got a MacBook Pro to hand, you could sniff the iPad's connection attempts and compare to some that work.

Edit: ... sniff... with wireshark. (iPhone app crashed and had to redraft this post, and then I went and forgot to mention the all important name of the tool!)

If the problem isn't faulty iPads/ios config , a reboot of the controller and the ap's should fix it.
    Last edited by psydii; 10th February 2014 at 07:52 PM.

8. 2 Thanks to psydii:

mac_shinobi (10th February 2014), rob998 (11th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Hello,

A reboot of the controller and ap's has resolved this issue. The affected iPads are connecting fine this morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - good to know i'd tried almost everything before resorting to a reboot.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12