+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Avoid a password prompt? in Technical; So, each iPad has its own user ID, and this works through VPP also? (sorry for allt he questions, hearing ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So, each iPad has its own user ID, and this works through VPP also? (sorry for allt he questions, hearing so many different things about iPads atm!

Thank Post
    Ok so how I have done it is:
    1. Set up a local account on the apple server I called mine iPad and inputted the email address which is also signed up for AppleID
    2. Turn on Profile Manager and click the button to access the console - sign in with administrator account for the server
    3. Go to apps and click "Get More" this will take you to the VPP page
    4. Login to VPP and find the app and the amount of them you want ie if you have 90 iPads you want 90 licenses
    5. Make sure before you "purchase" you select for MDM distribution
    6. Buy the apps and wait 5 - 10 minutes the apps you have just bought will pop up under "apps" on profile manager and it will tell you the amount of app licenses available you have
    7. Go to the profile manager internal webpage via the safari app and type in the username you have just created, in my terms "iPad"
    8. Add the trust certificate first and install via the profile manager page then press enroll on the iPad to install the remote management profile to the iPad
    9. That device will now show up under Users - *name of user here* - Devices
    10. Assign the app to the users devices do this by going back to apps click on the i on the right of the app, click assign to user and add the user associated with that device
    11. The apps will automatically start installing as long as under setting automatic downloads of apps is turned on on the iPad
    12. You're done

The video shows this in a bit more detail so may help you more

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Ok so how I have done it is:
    1. Set up a local account on the apple server I called mine iPad and inputted the email address which is also signed up for AppleID
    2. Turn on Profile Manager and click the button to access the console - sign in with administrator account for the server
    3. Go to apps and click "Get More" this will take you to the VPP page
    4. Login to VPP and find the app and the amount of them you want ie if you have 90 iPads you want 90 licenses
    5. Make sure before you "purchase" you select for MDM distribution
    6. Buy the apps and wait 5 - 10 minutes the apps you have just bought will pop up under "apps" on profile manager and it will tell you the amount of app licenses available you have
    7. Go to the profile manager internal webpage via the safari app and type in the username you have just created, in my terms "iPad"
    8. Add the trust certificate first and install via the profile manager page then press enroll on the iPad to install the remote management profile to the iPad
    9. That device will now show up under Users - *name of user here* - Devices
    10. Assign the app to the users devices do this by going back to apps click on the i on the right of the app, click assign to user and add the user associated with that device
    11. The apps will automatically start installing as long as under setting automatic downloads of apps is turned on on the iPad
    12. You're done

The video shows this in a bit more detail so may help you more
    Alex,

I would also make sure you turn on Caching Server 2 it will save on bandwidth, you may want to speak to your LA before dong this though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123