+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Everyoneprint for BYOD mobile devices...a few questions in Technical; Hi guys and gals, Currently looking at what's available for BYOD printing. Everyoneprint currently being tested on server. People with ...
    Thank Post

Everyoneprint for BYOD mobile devices...a few questions

Hi guys and gals,

Currently looking at what's available for BYOD printing. Everyoneprint currently being tested on server.

People with experience of this product, can you choose more that one printer to print to when using 'Mobile Print'? I can only seem to get it to print directly to one, there is no way of choosing from multiple printers (I may be missing it - probably am).

Also, what method are most of you using and what are your experiences of it - kids get on with it ok? Do you mainly use email to print? The web portal? Mobile airprint styley?

I can't seem to find any costs for it? What is a rough cost, small school, 300 users?

Thanks in advance...may have more questions later...

Thank Post
    It's ok, got it working on more than one printer using mobile print method

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Did you ever get any pricing info on this? It looks good but would like to know costs before getting too excited.

Thank Post
    We use it in conjunction with our Equitrac follow you printing - seems quite good so far

wrt pricing from the quote I go t from them last May (my pricing was different as I got it as part of our managed print solution)

"Recommended Pricing:
    Academic Higher: 2.900€, server license with unlimited amount of users
    Academic Secondary: 2.030€, server license with unlimited amount of users

Above is EveryonePrint Connect, which is needed when you need EveryonePrint to connect to a 3rd part Print Accounting or Management solution.

You can try the product for 60 days free of charge ! "

Thank Post
    When I have a clear head I will come and give a full explanation on this, give me a nudge on Monday if I have forgotten to come back.

Very useful software if setup right.

Thank Post
    Right, the licensing works 2 ways with this product, per device (i.e. how many printers you users can see) or the connect license which allows connectivity and integration with an accounting solution. Once you hit the 10 mark you might as well buy a connect license its cheaper.

In the main most of the people I set this up for have EOP and the mobile gateway running and then an app on Android/Apple devices to allow them to print from the tablets.

You can have the web portal setup so you can either publish it from home or via a BYOD setup where users can login as themselves and upload documents and they can either print straight out or depending on the machine you are printing to you can have them held till you release this. Now in my case you can do this with the Sharp MFD's, for the older ones you will need an AMX2 to allow the application to run where as some of the newer machines have this built in. They are then prompted to login on the MFD with their details and can release their jobs, in a similar way to PCounter and PaperCut. Now if you have a connect license it will allow you to put this to the followme/pull print queue.

You can have driver print which allow you to add a generic print driver to your PC and print as normal, you have email print where you can email the jobs in and they either come out or hold. All these options have a privacy option to stop anyone doing it, only registered users.

The next option is Google Cloud print which I haven't used yet but it does integrate apparently.

One thing to be wary of if printing via tablets you wireless may need multicasing on the WLAN VLAN turning on for it to work.

You can get it to process Office/Open Office documents too but you need office on the server, ideally the server needs to be well spec'd or on its own box as it can be quite resource intensive.

You can look to pay around the 300/400 per device with 1 years maintenance, if going down the connect route there is separate pricing for primary/secondary and higher education/commercial. Looking at around 3000 tops for that.

These are just rough figures but are over a year old now. Any questions feel free to ask.

7. Thanks to MatthewL from:

zag (3rd February 2014)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We are looking at everyone print and Papercut.

Are the any differences between the 2?

Thank Post
    PaperCut is an accounting solution which allows pull/follow me print where as EveryonePrint is a mobile print solution.

Thank Post
    Papercut you can mobile print also called webprint, we use it in BYOD. Prints PDF, Office files.

Thank Post
    We use Papercut (which is amazing) and then on our Windows print server we use a program called FingerPrint which advertises the Windows print queues as AirPrint queues.

PaperCut KB | FingerPrint iOS Printing

Thank Post
    Just BTW - It looks like Collobos have discontinued FingerPrint in favour of Presto.
    I assume it does all the same things tho.

Thank Post
    FingerPrint/Presto are not very reliable and frequently require service restarts for it to keep working.

EOP integrates to PaperCut so you can account for your jobs and also use follow me/pull print setups already on site.

Either way both will work, you get what you pay for is all I will say.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread