+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, System Required in Technical; I am after the following: VOIP based system, preferably Avaya but if you can show me something else I would ...

Thank Post

System Required

I am after the following:

VOIP based system, preferably Avaya but if you can show me something else I would be interested.

Needs to support a SIP line as want to be able to lift and shift where needed, up to say 10 handsets, added feature if there is Android app to connect into it, along lines of the IPO500 (Avaya) feature wise. Need to be able to configure and do what config I want, also like the possibility if a analogue line is there to be able to plug that in and use that for certain calls too.

This is for small home/office setup, please PM me with quote or with an email address and I will send you mine.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Take a look at 3CX. It can be as little as FREE or you can pay for support.

Thank Post
    This is a little more expensive than some but really good, they have a real easy to use pc management software for all your staff to chat, hold calls, transfer, conference etc

Fonality trixbox | The Open Platform for Business Telephony

Thank Post
    3CX looks good from what I have used, anyone know the costs as some of the features I want need the paid for version?

Also if I was to say get Cisco handsets would I need to do anything firmware wise with them or does 3CX take care of that?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,499 Posts

Thank Post
    Depends on whether its cisco or cisco linksys phones. Cisco phones need SIP firmware to be loaded on to them rather than the standard cisco firmware. You might need to pay for a support package to get access to this. linksys ones do sip out of the box (I think). Not all cisco phones have SIP firmware available. I think this is especially true of old phones that you find on ebay. Check carefully before you buy, and get one or two to test before buying lots of them. Most other SIP phones should work with 3cx. I use Grandstream phones with Asterisk, but they should work just as well with 3cx. I find the grandstream phones are better documented especially if you use them with asterisk. Cisco phones are really designed to be user with Cisco Call Center, and anything else can be a lot of work.

A plain asterisk system may also be worth looking at. I find it more flexible if you want to do anything too complex. But it sounds like you want something a little less diy than that.
    Last edited by Chris_Cook; 24th December 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Thank Post
    Not sure if these people are any good for what you need, I use them myself using some polycom handsets and have had no issues - Business Phone Systems: VOIP Providers | Hosted IP-PBX Solutions - Coms

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread