+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Drawing/Presentation app that highlights finger touches in Technical; One of the biggest complaints I get from teachers when I try to have them use the iPad projecting to ...

Thank Post

Drawing/Presentation app that highlights finger touches

One of the biggest complaints I get from teachers when I try to have them use the iPad projecting to a 60" TV as whiteboard/iwb replacement is the "Phantom Finger".

For example: On a busy screen with a huge hand drawn math problem, it's difficult to determine where the new text is being added. Without a cursor or being able to see the actual finger, a student can have difficulty knowing where stuff is being added.

Has anyone seen an app for presentation that shows a highlight halo around the line as it is being drawn or temporarily changes the color of the line currently being drawn to make it stand out more?

Thank Post
    Explain Everything can do that.
    http://www.explaineverything.com

Thank Post
    I have that app and I have not seen that feature. I may have been imprecise in my explanation.

I know it has a pointing tool/laser pointer, like Keynote, but it's not tied to the drawing tool. I need to draw a line and have that line stand out while it's being drawn and not just point to it after. If a teacher is reducing fractions and needs to cross out a number back in the jumble of the problem, it's difficult to tell where the new mark is being made without lots of verbal explanation.

Am I missing a setting in the app or is it just the pointing tool that you were referring to?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread