+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Galaxy S3 back to Samsungs Firmware from Cyanogenmod in Technical; Hi Mate, no kept the package. Theres no connection to the gear at all won't even see the phone! ! ...

Thank Post
    Hi Mate, no kept the package. Theres no connection to the gear at all won't even see the phone! ! I have found the stock 4.3 update but its on sam mobile and whenever I go to download it tera.co says it has reached max download limit! Also wanamlite 4.3 seems real buggy the phone takes ages when waking it up from sleep and it will just randomly restart sometimes. doesn't only seem to be a lot of forums are talking about it to!!!

Thank Post
    I've just put cyanogenmod on for the first time, runs so much smoother than the official roms, does anyone know if there any apps that would allows me to stream additional media from the phone to chromecast? Or is it the chromecast firmware that locks it down.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Hi Mate, no kept the package. Theres no connection to the gear at all won't even see the phone! ! I have found the stock 4.3 update but its on sam mobile and whenever I go to download it tera.co says it has reached max download limit!
    Might sound silly, but you have got Bluetooth on haven't you?

Also wanamlite 4.3 seems real buggy the phone takes ages when waking it up from sleep and it will just randomly restart sometimes. doesn't only seem to be a lot of forums are talking about it to!!!
    The slow wake up thing is actually a TouchWiz problem, not Wanamlite. You'll have that problem with stock too. As for random restarts - did you do a clean install? I haven't had a single restart or force close with Wanamlite...

4.3 is known to be buggy at the moment, in fact Samsung pulled the original update as it was causing huge problems.

Have you installed Gear Manager app? Struggling to find it at work but someone at xda [here] posted this link to an APK (I HAVEN'T TESTED IT, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!): DepositFiles

Thank Post
    Yeah Bluetooth is on! That's a point I'll give it a go see what happens. Cheers Mate

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,739 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    does anyone know if there any apps that would allows me to stream additional media from the phone to chromecast?
    Plex would, although you will have to wait a few weeks for the non-Plex Pass verison to be updated to support Chromecast.

If you have an Apple TV, Roku or a device that supports DLNA, you could use AllCast.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    Or is it the chromecast firmware that locks it down.
    Google is only allowing a limited number of developers to create apps for the Chromecast. The SDK hasn't been made publicly available.

Thank Post
    When Samsung release a fix for the touchwiz issue with the sleep function etc... how do I update wanamlite??

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 823 Posts
    When Samsung release a fix for the touchwiz issue with the sleep function etc... how do I update wanamlite??
    You'll have to download the latest ROM from their site and flash it, the dev is pretty good at making "no wipe" updates though (i.e. you only have to wipe cache and dalvik, all your apps and personal files are retained on update)

There was an Xposed app to fix the Touchwiz sleep issue, it simply replaced Touchwiz's lock screen wit the AOSP one, unfortunately it hasn't been updated to work with 4.3 yet.

EDIT: forgot to say, disabling the lock screen clock improves things. It doesn't fix them, but it happens less often at least.
    Last edited by LosOjos; 12th December 2013 at 11:39 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12