+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Meraki free App Management in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Meraki free App Management

@ButterflyMoon
    You mentioned in another thread how you manage ipad apps with Meraki.

Does this require an Itunes password?
    Iíve tried to push free apps to the device, but it asks the user to sign in with an apple ID.
    I hoped IOS 7 changed this. I just linked my vpp account to Meraki today, but that didnít work either.
    Can you please explain the process?

Thank you,

Thank Post
    Hi ADMaster our are set up like this

15 iPads in a class set, setup two iTunes accounts ie itunes0001@...... and Itunes002@.... this is because you can only set itunes accounts for 10 ipads max. SO when I roll out apps to a class set the dept them has to enter the password for those itune accounts. I was hoping IOS7 would change this also but sadly not.

On each ipad you name the pad in settings, then in safari type in m.meraki.com and on that page enter your school info (meraki will give you this) that then pushes the ipad profile into your meraki management system. If I am telling you stuff you already know please ignore

This girl in Meraki is great with any help you need Anjali Parikh 020 3640 6085

Thank Post
    IMHO Meraki management is more for BYOD management.

EDIT: as for apps you have to apply for a volume purchase iTunes account and purchase a quantity of apps that you then can deploy through Meraki. it's in the management console.
    Last edited by chazzy2501; 3rd December 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks, not what I wanted to hear.
    I had the impression you were deploying them without the password.
    I have Meraki and I have a vpp account. I have been deploying paid apps via Apple configurator. However some classrooms do not have a syncing cart, and it would be much nicer to deploy apps over the air. I thought that is what IOS 7 was introducing.
    I have read a bit on the IOS 7 managed distribution, but the way I read it you assign a paid app to an iTunes account that has enrolled in your MDM.
    That doesn’t allow me to push an app install with no user intervention.
    Knowing what I know now I’m not sure if I should setup class itunes accounts to assign them apps with the new model, or stick with apple configurator.

Thanks for your clarification, lets home we can push apps over the air one day.

Thank Post
    two iTunes accounts ie itunes0001@...... and Itunes002@.... this is because you can only set itunes accounts for 10 ipads max. S
    We have over 60 iPads on one iTunes account?

Thank Post
    Hi Kyle am interested in this info regarding the number of machines on itune accounts, would have made life a damn site easier had we known this. Our management here have allowed the teachers to buy their own apps, though depts being tight tend to go for free apps hence I roll them out in Meraki. Like @ADMaster I too would hope they eventually allow intervention free roll outs.

Thank Post
    Hi Kyle am interested in this info regarding the number of machines on itune accounts, would have made life a damn site easier had we known this. Our management here have allowed the teachers to buy their own apps, though depts being tight tend to go for free apps hence I roll them out in Meraki. Like @ADMaster I too would hope they eventually allow intervention free roll outs.

Thank Post
    I have 49 iPads on one Apple ID. In terms of Paid App distribution, Profile Manager 3 (With Mavericks) supports VPP Sync, which grabs your VPP Library from Apple, Displays it in the web browser and allows you to push with a single click. I looked at Meraki initially, then moved to Profile Manager as it was a on-site solution - Currently building my own MDM though (As a little project)

9. Thanks to SovietRussia from:

ButterflyMoon (4th December 2013)

Thank Post
    I just posted here about this

I think that by enrolling a series of Apple IDs on the Meraki VPP Managed Distribution user management page, and then setting up iPads with these IDs we can distribute apps without requiring login for each app on every device (places the 'purchased app' into the app store on devices). I was working on the premise that there would only be 10 iPads allowed per Apple ID and even then not sure if this not permitted under VPP licensing as only one license is used...?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread