Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 in Technical; I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and have recently brought an OTG cable so I can access my ...
7th October 2013, 08:31 PM #1
- Rep Power
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and have recently brought an OTG cable so I can access my files on my external hard drive on my tablet. I tried connecting it today but it would not work. I rung Samsung and they said that only certain hard drives work on the tablet. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to rectify it by buying a new hard drive that works?
8th October 2013, 04:13 AM #2
- Does this OTG Troubleshooter app recognise the drive?
- Do USB flash drives work? If so, the tablet may not be able to supply enough power to the external HDD in order to spin it up. Are you using a USB OTG adapter with an additional power connector?
- What format is the HDD? i.e. NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT, HFS+? Does a flash drive with the same format work?
8th October 2013, 11:53 AM #3
- Rep Power
1) The OTG cable is recognized by the tablet
2)SOME usb flash drives will work - First of all tried connecting my OPTIMA 16GB USB to it and it would not accept, but just connected my Kingston 4GB data Traveler to it and that works fine
3) The format of my hard drive is NTFS. The kingston USB is FAT32 and the optima is also a FAT32
By jcollings in forum Classified Adverts
Last Post: 3rd October 2011, 11:20 AM
By oalcock in forum General Chat
Last Post: 19th August 2011, 03:51 PM
By nadeem in forum Classified Adverts
Last Post: 9th March 2011, 01:55 PM
By localzuk in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
Last Post: 12th November 2010, 08:40 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)