+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Apple Configurator - iOS7 Help! in Technical; Tell you what, this software is enough to drive you mad lol, if anyone can help with this issue i'd ...

Thank Post

Apple Configurator - iOS7 Help!

Tell you what, this software is enough to drive you mad lol, if anyone can help with this issue i'd appreciate it, I've spent hours on it to no avail....

I have a class with 31 iPads, sync trolley, mac mini and Apple Configurator (AC). I've read some of the other posts on here from people mentioning iOS7 issues so the first thing I did was make sure the mac OS was up to date, iTunes updated, and AC 1.4 installed. Just to see how the process would work on a single iPad I plugged one in via usb and tried to refresh it, AC detected iOS7 was available and went through the process of downloading it but when it came to unpacking/installing it failed with an error of "MDKZipUtilitiesErrorDomain error 1" and that's as far as it's got.

Some of the kids have already updated several of the iPads over the wireless by setting it off from Settings but I wanted to do them all at once with the trolley/mac.

The only info I've found for the error online suggests the download might be blocked but I don't think that's the case as it looked like the file had downloaded and then failed at the next stage, and also for the fact the update works when doing it manually over the wireless.

The annoying thing now is some of the apps have stopped working on the ones that have updated as they need the latest version supporting iOS7. I don't really want to create a backup of one that is updated and wipe/restore it to the rest. Has anyone else had this issue or any ideas to get round it?

Cheers

Thank Post
    I've got round this now, incase anyone else has this problem it was a corrupt download that needed clearing out of the folder in:

Finder/Go/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches/com.appl e.configurator/Downloads & and Firmware

Once I deleted the file in there and downloaded again it worked

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread