+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPad iOS7 Proxy Password not saving in Technical; Ever since installing iOS7 on both an iPad 4 and iPad 2 the proxy authentication password no longer saves as ...

Thank Post

iPad iOS7 Proxy Password not saving

Ever since installing iOS7 on both an iPad 4 and iPad 2 the proxy authentication password no longer saves as it did previously with iOS6.

It saves in the WiFI field and works for the session but when you come back to the iPad in the next day or turn the iPad off completely and turn it back on, it is asking for proxy authentication in Safari again. I've noticed that sometimes the value is still saved in the field in the Wifi properties and going back into it and changing a character and changing it back again fixes it for the session again. Sometimes however I've noticed the password field has been completely blanked out!

I also have upgraded to 7.0.2 this weekend on both devices and still no change.

Anyone else experiencing this and know of any fix? I have completely wiped out the settings several times and "forgotten" the Wifi network, manually re-entering all details without success.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 761 Posts
    I've noticed the same thing but I thought it was a problem with Meraki Systems Manager. Is this happening to you even without an MDM profile?

Thank Post
    We don't use an MDMA solution, only Apple Configurator. It also happens when manually entering in proxy details on unmanaged devices.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 761 Posts
    I've just checked ours and I see what you mean - even without Meraki refreshing its profile the password has vanished. That's going to throw a spanner in the works.

Thank Post
    If you use configurator, create a new policy and set the Global HTTP Proxy - Put the settings in there and then don't worry if the password disappears from the WiFi settings.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
    If you use configurator, create a new policy and set the Global HTTP Proxy - Put the settings in there and then don't worry if the password disappears from the WiFi settings.
    Same is happening here. I tried the above, and it appeared to work for Safari but not in apps, which were prompting for authentication. When the iPad was switched off and back on, safari was prompting for auth too.

Thank Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone come up with a solution for this? I've been using static IPs on our iPads in order to get them online through our proxy, but it would be nice to have the proxy username/password working again.

Thank Post
    To update my last post I have finally got the global HTTP proxy working.

There seems to be an issue when I configure both the global HTTP proxy as well as a Wi-Fi profile with the same proxy username and password within Apple Configurator.

As soon as I remove the Wi-Fi profile, but keep the global HTTP proxy username and password filled in and connect to our Wi-Fi manually the global HTTP proxy takes effect and I am not bothered with authentication pop-ups even after rebooting the iPad. Whereas with the Wi-Fi profile configured the proxy password would vanish each time the iPad was rebooted and I would be asked to authenticate to our proxy server continuously.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread