+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPad Polices? in Technical; ...

Thank Post

iPad Polices?

Hi
    Right guy I have set up our iPad trolleys with IOS 7 and loaded them up with paid/free app using Apple configurator. I know Apple configurator is work correctly at the moment but they are all is set up and working.
    So a little back ground on what’s happening. We 60 iPads for the kids to use and 6 for staff. I have use apple configurator to restrict and set up. They want to have 1 iPad to 2 kids! Great!!!!
    So I have found an App called Showbie( Check it out is a great app) and it will upload data from the iPad to Showbie so they can get the data off the iPad. it does a lot more than that to.

So my question is what are you polices on maintaining them?
    Even tho they can upload there data off the iPad they are going to fill up quick.

I was think once a month getting them all back staff and kids to restoring them back to how they when out.
    What do you guy do?

Cheers

Thank Post
    I would say, move the data every 2 weeks maybe? It depends on how they are being used, heavily? or not very much?

Definitely going to check out Showbie though, it may solve my issues with using Dropbox.

Thank Post
    Yeh check it out its a great app and and you can use it on a PC as well. it you deside to use it setup a school account. I looked in to dropbox but setting up account was to much like hard work!Ha

I dont know how they are going to be use at the moment.

I was meaning wipe all the data off the iPad and start from fresh.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tantos82 View Post
    Yeh check it out its a great app and and you can use it on a PC as well. it you deside to use it setup a school account. I looked in to dropbox but setting up account was to much like hard work!Ha

I dont know how they are going to be use at the moment.

I was meaning wipe all the data off the iPad and start from fresh.
    Why are you wiping all the data off them? If you do want to continue down this path, you could use a MDM solution like Meraki to do a remote wipe

Thank Post
    Well because the iPads are only 16GB and its 2 kids to 1 iPad and by the sounds of it they will be take a lot of photos and videos so it is going to full up quick.
    Even tho they can upload their data to showbie it doesnt delete it off the iPad they will have to do it or i will have to wipe it. :-(

I have looked into Meraki but cant seem to get my iPads to enroll. Our ISP has filters and the firewall is off site so cant open ports or anything like whick pisses me off on end!HA

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tantos82 View Post
    Well because the iPads are only 16GB and its 2 kids to 1 iPad and by the sounds of it they will be take a lot of photos and videos so it is going to full up quick.
    Even tho they can upload their data to showbie it doesnt delete it off the iPad they will have to do it or i will have to wipe it. :-(

I have looked into Meraki but cant seem to get my iPads to enroll. Our ISP has filters and the firewall is off site so cant open ports or anything like whick pisses me off on end!HA
    Ah i see! Wiping it seems to be the best option then, as 16GB will disappear very quickly!

Damm, Meraki could have saved you a bit of manual labour time, we are fortunate to have good communication with our LEA who manage the firewall

Thank Post
    Mite have to phone Cleo and ask them if they can allow Meraki to go through their firewall!

Wish me luck! HA

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread