+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, IOS 7!!!!! It's out so now what? WIRELESS! in Technical; Originally Posted by Eric Abillybob - can you expand on this, please, as silent app install is a bit of ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Abillybob - can you expand on this, please, as silent app install is a bit of a holy grail. What exactly do you mean by "just save the iTunes password?"
    Hey Buddy! Unfortunately after the long run it will not work as I've planned if you read my other topics you will see all I've had is issues. For the first week it worked like a dream and then slowly deteriorated. I've tried Meraki and Profile Manager and eventually none of them worked as seamlessly as what I said above I was still very much learning about everything iPads back then!
    Bottom line I have given up on all things MDM and gone back to Apple Configurator (this still has hiccups) but it works very well for most of the time, I wasted months on trying to get things like this to work with no avail! By all means have a tinker yourself but after the time I've wasted with Apple and these iPads I wouldn't recommend wasting your energy on MDM services unless your a 1:1 school!

Thank Post
    Thanks, Abillybob. that's pretty much what I thought the situation was. And I've had confirmation from Meraki directly that they don't support silent apps install.

Thank Post
    Thanks, Abillybob. that's pretty much what I thought the situation was. And I've had confirmation from Meraki directly that they don't support silent apps install.
    Thats not what is says here...?

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2014/0...lent-app-push/

Thank Post
    OK, so apps can be pushed without prompting for AppleID password. But:

1. The device has to have been logged into the App Store with that AppleID at some time.
    2. The device prompts for the installation, just no password.

I'm sure what people really want is "Configurator over-the-air," and this isn't it. Arguably things have to be like this though, to keep users secure from hacks which might otherwise silently install malware.

Thank Post
    OK, so apps can be pushed without prompting for AppleID password. But:

1. The device has to have been logged into the App Store with that AppleID at some time.
    2. The device prompts for the installation, just no password.

I'm sure what people really want is "Configurator over-the-air," and this isn't it. Arguably things have to be like this though, to keep users secure from hacks which might otherwise silently install malware.
    I don't think that would help. Most of the users would just accept it before reading it anyway so I don't think this is a security feature in the sense of stopping malware, viruses etc...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    I don't think that would help. Most of the users would just accept it before reading it anyway so I don't think this is a security feature in the sense of stopping malware, viruses etc...

The level of security used on iOS devices is to be frank, more exorbitant than any other mobile OS in the marketplace, so the subject of malware or viri is a moot point on iPads...

http://images.apple.com/ipad/busines...rity_Feb14.pdf

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    The level of security used on iOS devices is to be frank, more exorbitant than any other mobile OS in the marketplace, so the subject of malware or viri is a moot point on iPads...

http://images.apple.com/ipad/busines...rity_Feb14.pdf
    Yes but you can't rule out that possibility there are always security risks, but thankyou for reiterating my comment regarding the fact the purpose for iPads asking for a password isn't due to viruses.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123