+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, IOS 7!!!!! It's out so now what? WIRELESS! in Technical; Originally Posted by SovietRussia Comparison of MDM Providers | Enterprise iOS Not everything you read on the internet is true. ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
    Not everything you read on the internet is true. It's working perfect for me on iOS 7 better than ever in fact! Really love the silent push feature. If you don't believe me try it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Not everything you read on the internet is true. It's working perfect for me on iOS 7 better than ever in fact! Really love the silent push feature. If you don't believe me try it.
    Because I don't use Meraki, I did not know it had updated for iOS 7 support, sorry :/

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can I ask what fiddling you did to get meraki to work? Didn't have much time to do a lot of testing/fiddling other than "it's not working, they're not getting upgraded".
    Early days yet though of course.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Though all pays off can now push apps from Meraki to all iOS 7 devices without them prompting to install all the time they just do it automatically just save the iTunes password it's awesome.
    Can I ask how you've solved this? I've been trying to get apps to silently install for two days now! Thanks

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, I've found the iOS7 update amazing. Its like having a new device!

Emerge is also broken here, does anyone have an ETA on them fixing it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Can I ask what fiddling you did to get meraki to work? Didn't have much time to do a lot of testing/fiddling other than "it's not working, they're not getting upgraded".
    Early days yet though of course.
    Hey guys sorry I took a while to respond been very busy !!!! I found that if you have the Meraki Profile installed onto the iPad's prior to updating to iOS 7 and then just plug the iPads in with a valid Wi-Fi profile loaded on to them including Meraki all it will do then is update the device keeping all your apps, profiles etc... Meraki then just works. The first time you install an app from Meraki it will ask you same old for the password and prompt to install but once you type the password in and press install it will install all your apps from then on without having the prompt to install! I found if I upgraded the iPad and started a fresh install of iOS 7 or didn't have the Meraki profile on before I updated Meraki wouldn't work properly! Weird I know but it is possible. So just an overall what to do scenario, 1. On an older version of iOS install Meraki profile and Wi-Fi profile and test to make sure they work 2. Plug into Apple Configurator and wait for them to finish "refreshing" 3. Go through the "Update Completed" set-up page no filling in iCloud membership etc.... and then test Meraki!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawloms View Post
    My sister was harping on about ios7 until i showed her how i could get into her phone without a pass code by using this bug.
    Still no update from apple to stop this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    My sister was harping on about ios7 until i showed her how i could get into her phone without a pass code by using this bug.
    Still no update from apple to stop this.
    With any new OS there will be issues! This is a minor thing for me I'm just happy Apple have given us more freedom as Administrators! When at home I can understand why that would be a security issue (that's why I have everything Android). Although at school where theres no Siri, contact details or personal things on any of the iPads what the worry!? :S

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm still trying to figure out what IOS7 does for 740MB more compared to Jellybean.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else having issues with AirPlay? Yet to get it to work on my devices - both at home and at work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Anyone else having issues with AirPlay? Yet to get it to work on my devices - both at home and at work.
    Sorry mate can't help AirPlay is fine here!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what IOS7 does for 740MB more compared to Jellybean.
    I know right!!

Thank Post
    Eldest son: "err Dad? I think I might have accidentally updated your iPad to iOS 7. I just wanted to read the find out more information."

Me (very calmly, but ready to explode inside): "Well let's hope it's not as carp as iOS 6 when it launched and it doesn't lose my data then."

Tea time conversation with both children: "please don't install things without asking. I know it wasn't malicious, but take more care."

Youngest son: "well it wasn't really an accident. He pressed agree at least 3 times and confirmed he wanted proceed."

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghh

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Just got ours working this afternoon - not due to iOS issues, just hadn't used it before - but it's working fine now on iOS7.

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    What rubbish! I'm sorry but with a bit of tweaking I've got Meraki working like a dream has taken me from yesterday till now to get it all working and a bit of fiddling! Though all pays off can now push apps from Meraki to all iOS 7 devices without them prompting to install all the time they just do it automatically just save the iTunes password it's awesome. Yes there will be some fault like any new OS, my girlfriend is having major problems on it with her iPhone but on the iPad 2 it's working a treat haven't come across any problems. For this silent app push alone I reckon it's worth you guys at least trialing it on 1 iPad and see how it goes. I've made up my mind will be installing this throughout our school!
    Abillybob - can you expand on this, please, as silent app install is a bit of a holy grail. What exactly do you mean by "just save the iTunes password?"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast