+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, can schools buy hardware direct from google? in Technical; May seem a random question but I can't find a way to buy nexus tablets for my school direct from ...
    Thank Post

can schools buy hardware direct from google?

May seem a random question but I can't find a way to buy nexus tablets for my school direct from Google? Has anyone managed to buy kit and get invoiced? We don't have a school credit card.

Thanks

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You need to contact them and ask about it...it varies by organisation

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As nephilim says, it varies.

The Nexus 7 the last time I enquired about tablets, for over a certain quantity you had to contact Asus directly. There is no such scheme for the Nexus 10 made by Samsung.

We've bought a Nexus 10 on a credit card and then asked Google to send us a VAT receipt for it which then kept everybody happy, but that probably doesn't help you without a credit card....

Don't know whether this helps (most of the answer I got from Google)

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support Team. It was a pleasure speaking with you today. I hope I addressed all your questions and concerns today regarding your interest in our Nexus 10 device. Below I have provided a little more information that can come of use:

*snipped as not relevent*

You can make purchases through Google Wallet using a credit or debit card with the following logos:

American Express(USD only)
    Discover (USD only)
    JCB (JPY and USD only)
    MasterCard
    Visa
    Visa Electron (Outside of US only)

Other types of payments, such as checks, money orders, and direct bank account debit, aren't currently accepted.

The following payment methods cannot currently be used to make purchases through Google Wallet:

Health Savings Account (HSA) cards
    Transit cards

Payment Restrictions:

The country of your credit card must match the the country to which you're shipping.

The payment card used must be under your name.

If you represent a company and use a corporate credit card, please make sure to provide both billing address and shipping address associated with the card, as well as the name as it appears on the front of the card.
    They did suggest possibly trying a preloaded credit card when we were speaking on the phone, however the google play faq seems to suggest that wouldn't work.

It would be worth giving them a call, the Google Play team are very helpfull.
    Last edited by Cache; 9th September 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Thank Post
    What about a Google Play card? I've seen them in places like WHS, supermarkets and PC World. Presumably you could redeem them in the same way as an iTunes card and then redeem them for anything in the store. Once the credit is applied to the account, I would have thought you could buy anything in the store. Don't know if any of those would accept a PO, but they should accept a business cheque.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    What about a Google Play card?
    Not possible unfortunately.

2. Limitations. The Gift Card may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using gift card include subscriptions, as well as items in the device section of Google Play including hardware such as phones, tablets and related device accessories. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Wallet account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    They did suggest possibly trying a preloaded credit card when we were speaking on the phone, however the google play faq seems to suggest that wouldn't work.
    I think it depends upon which pre-paid/virtual credit card you get.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread