+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Redemption codes in configurator in Technical; Just wondered if any of you have had this problem while I wait for apple to get back to me. ...

Thank Post

Redemption codes in configurator

Just wondered if any of you have had this problem while I wait for apple to get back to me.

We have bought 100 VPP of some apps. Got the spreadsheets and imported them in to configurator all good the nubber goes to 100. prepare and set up 1 ipod. everything works -> supervise ipod -> back up ipod.

plug in brand new ipad click prepare get a error saying cant redeam codes with the iTunes Store ?

Thank Post
    We don't import our redemption codes into configurator! We just use one code to get the app and then let our MDM (lightspeed) push the app to the device - as many times as we like. Have you guys got 100 devices? i couldn't imagine a 100 without using an MDM.

Thank Post
    Hi, I'm in the middle of having this problem too. I've bought 31 licences for the apps i want, used one to redeem in iTunes and imported it into configurator. When i imported the spreadsheet i noticed it wouldn't use the code i'd used in iTunes ("unable to redeem code with iTunes store") so redownloaded the spreadsheet and reimported it but still the same. I've deleted the app and reimported it and the assigned codes automatically appeared but importing the spreadsheet again hasn't made a difference...stumped!

Thank Post
    I also have had this error a few times. both times it was fixed by authorising the iTunes account within iTunes. also restart iTunes when you have auth it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenking View Post
    We don't import our redemption codes into configurator! We just use one code to get the app and then let our MDM (lightspeed) push the app to the device - as many times as we like. Have you guys got 100 devices? i couldn't imagine a 100 without using an MDM.
    So do all your paid for apps not have there own licence (redemption code).
    If you purchase the app 100 times, you should get 100 codes and apply each code to each installation of the app? installing the app 100 times with 1 code means its not licensed on 99 devices?

Dont use configurator. We use meraki here to push the apps out with codes over wireless works a treat and its free.

Thank Post
    I was told by an Apple Certified System Administrator if you have purchased the licences... apple will know this. He said its fine to just use one with your MDM. This way if you find your self with a broken device you can sling it, and not need to worry about losing the licensed apps to that particular piece of hardware. I hope he was right, not that were bothered as we have nothing to hide. :-)

Thank Post
    meraki looked good but if your school has an awful internet connection then it appeared to be no good. meraki sends the app to each dev, but if that app is 100mb then it has to download each time to each dev hammering the internet. Or is there a way of having a central store of the app internally on the network which the ipad pulls it from

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andybarker27 View Post
    meraki looked good but if your school has an awful internet connection then it appeared to be no good. meraki sends the app to each dev, but if that app is 100mb then it has to download each time to each dev hammering the internet. Or is there a way of having a central store of the app internally on the network which the ipad pulls it from
    That is a draw back unfortunately happened to us with Collins Atlas which was huge. We generally stagger it and get them installing over night over a number of nights not ideal but works better than configurator. (for us anyway).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    That is a draw back unfortunately happened to us with Collins Atlas which was huge. We generally stagger it and get them installing over night over a number of nights not ideal but works better than configurator. (for us anyway).
    shame it doesn't support surface rt too. a lot of schools have just got these.

Thank Post
    I like the look of Meraki, i'm going to use it for restrictions but as it apparently needs input on each device to install an app i think it'll be easier to do apps through configurator.

I've checked iTunes is authorised, tried a reboot, tried removing the app from configurator and readding it but when i click on the number to add the codes its remembered them from last time and the one with the error is still there, importing another copy of the spreadsheet still doesn't make a difference. Any more ideas? its driving me mad lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread