+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Best way to set up 30 ipads in Technical; Hi Guys, We are getting a class set of 30 ipads due for delivery this week. We currently have 8 ...

Thank Post

Best way to set up 30 ipads

Hi Guys,

We are getting a class set of 30 ipads due for delivery this week. We currently have 8 used by one department which where all set up manually but have meraki on them so we can push out apps etc.

I am not fancying setting up 30 manually so i am looking to use apple configurator to set up all 30 and name them and push out Wifi/Proxy settings and hopefully install a base image from a master ipad (I believe this can be done) and then push meraki out onto them on top after they have been configured using apple config so we can remotely deploy apps and track them etc.

Although the slight issue i have is when i tried this with 3 ipads after they have been configured with Apple config i put meraki on then and then plugged them back into the Mac to sync then and it removes the apps i have pushed by meraki and also removes the meraki profile. Obviously i don't want this to happen when i have 30 ipads to Sync or it will be a nightmare.

Any suggestions much appreciated or if any of you have experiences of setting up 30 ipads and the best way to go about it.

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    I don't know for sure because I haven't used Meraki, we just use Configurator. But in Configurator's preferences there is a checkbox saying 'Remove apps not installed by Configurator'. Try unchecking that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j224 View Post
    I don't know for sure because I haven't used Meraki, we just use Configurator. But in Configurator's preferences there is a checkbox saying 'Remove apps not installed by Configurator'. Try unchecking that.
    Yeah, that is a crafty one by Apple. They recommend this is turned on with the "Personal" deployment method, where as most people in Education want Institutional.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread