+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, HP Elitepad 900.....Just how do we image these? in Technical; Hi We currently use third party imaging software to image our laptops and desktops. At the moment we are using ...

Thank Post

HP Elitepad 900.....Just how do we image these?

Hi

We currently use third party imaging software to image our laptops and desktops. At the moment we are using CD and USB boot devices to access the images on a network share.

We would like to take an image of the Tablet as it is, load it up with software, take an image with the software installed. And then deploy this image to the rest of our tablets using our 3rd party imaging software.

Would appear that there is no boot from CD/USB unless its a USB boot device with a windows 8 PE and image on!

Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so, how can it be resolved?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    I'm just in the process of tackling this myself - if you have SCCM, this is a useful guide - I'm just getting the USB stick method to work using this as a resouce:

Trying to deploy Win 8 ENT to HP Elitepad 900 - Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - www.windows-noob.com

Also, Create Bootable USB Thumb Drive (Key) Using Diskpart with Windows 8 Media to Install Windows 8 Release Preview or Other Operating System - ITProGuru Blog by Systems Management Expert Dan Stolts - Site Home - TechNet Blogs seems to have taught me the bit I was missing to sort the boot sector out on the USB stick to allow boot.

Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers

Will

Thank Post
    FYI - if booting from USB/DVD I think there may be a requirement for "bootia32.efi" as per How can I deploy Windows 8 in UEFI mode using Configuration Manager 2012 ? - Page 2 - Configuration Manager 2012 - www.windows-noob.com - Page 2 - discovered this after multiple attempts to boot from USB, then creating a recovery USB from a basic elitepad which I hadn't fiddled with, and checking the differences between that and the image from SCCM standalone. Not sure of a fix, but worked around by copying that bit of directory structure across.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread