+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, 100 ipads just sat waiting for me in Technical; Originally Posted by SovietRussia But as VPP licensing is changing from codes to licenses, it may be possible in the ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
    But as VPP licensing is changing from codes to licenses, it may be possible in the future
    Can you elaborate on this? I really hope this is true; the whole VPP codes thing is rubbish

Thank Post
    Bev,
    I set up & purchased PrintopiaPro, they have edu pricing. It works directing with AirPrinting on iPads. handiPrint is another one that is cheaper but I didn't get it to work.

I also used the HP ePrint app but I'm not able to rename the printers. This only prints directly from the app and gets jobs from Evernote, Photos, etc. I tried to rename the printer but couldn't find the field in the printer's webpage. Will try again another day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Problem I'm havnig with Meraki (and I think it's the same with all of them), is that when you push out an App, a box pops up on the ipad and the Apple Id Password has to be entered.

I assume if we did wired-syncing via a cart, that wouldn't happen?
    When the app is pushed out it is up to the user to enter their own apple ID and password. Set the iPads up on your WiFi then give them to the users, then, send out the apps. Alternatively, give www.iconfigure.co.uk a buzz and they set it all up for you!

Bev

Thank Post
    With a class set, each ipad doesn't have an individual user with an AppleId and Password, and I don't want to share the school's AppleId details with the students.

We have now purchased a cart (lock n sync, very swish looking), and I'm working on getting the iPads all set up initially, and then hopefully we should be all setup.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    With a class set, each ipad doesn't have an individual user with an AppleId and Password, and I don't want to share the school's AppleId details with the students.

We have now purchased a cart (lock n sync, very swish looking), and I'm working on getting the iPads all set up initially, and then hopefully we should be all setup.
    OP wanted 1:1 with students so they would have their own Apple ID's, but yes for a class set, a trolley set up to apple config works best!

Thank Post
    I highly recommend Lightspeed MDM. Although Meraki is good, Lightspeed is specific to the education market so you can easily have different apps for different lessons that teachers can control easily if required rather than IT staff which saves you time.

It's all cloud based. Let me know if you'd like a demo.

Thanks

Dave

Thank Post
    Anybody else use Lightspeed over Meraki ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123