+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Video capture in the classroom. What are the best tools for the job? in Technical; Hi Everyone, After using Edugeek for two years, I have finally registered. So here is my first post: I am ...

Thank Post

Post Video capture in the classroom. What are the best tools for the job?

Hi Everyone,

After using Edugeek for two years, I have finally registered.
    So here is my first post:

I am a Sales Manager for a video capture company and it would be great to hear what teachers/ staff/ schools are using to capture video?
    What are you recording? Lessons, schools productions, key speakers, sporting events, field trips, verbal exam practise (students) etc.

As video is becoming a big topic in schools, it would be great to hear your thoughts on this.

Are any of you 'Flipping the Classroom' - it would be great to hear how this is going and what you are using to do this.

Many thanks,

Frances

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesandrews View Post
    What are you recording? Lessons, schools productions, key speakers, sporting events, field trips, verbal exam practise (students) etc.
    All of the above, although we don't really record any whole lessons - we don't go in for assesement by video, although it's an interesting idea. Our teachers have iPod Touches for recording in-classroom video (small, easy to charge, no sticky-outy bits to break or clog with dust, and actually very good video) and we have a small set of camcorders for recording sports days, school plays, etc. This is all produces a lot of footage, which takes a lot of space, and I haven't yet found (or written) a decent school-orientated media asset management system to cope with all the video and photos we produce.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread