+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Tandberg c20 VC unit cannot call out in Technical; Hi, does anyone have a VC unit using H323 that I can try a direct call to? (as in not ...
    Thank Post

Tandberg c20 VC unit cannot call out

Hi, does anyone have a VC unit using H323 that I can try a direct call to? (as in not through a gatekeeper)

We have dusted off our Tandberg (now Cisco) c20 unit due to someone actually finding a good use for it.

The unit is on Codec 6.0 and has been set up with NAT on our firewall to route through from the Global IP to the Local IP in both directions with no port blocking.

Our colleague can dial in successfully from his polycom system, but we can't dial out to him. We can ping his global IP from the VC unit so it is getting out ok.

We are dialling H323alias@global_ip. (Tandbergs use @ as apposed to ## on the polycom)

So if anyone is able to let us attempt a call to them, this will allow us to narrow down if the issue is at our end, or that of our colleague's.

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by woody; 16th May 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Thank Post
    I had completely forgot that I had already posted a question about this! We are still battling on with this issue, and the fact that nobody has replied shows that everybody hates VCing with a passion - just like me!

However, I still need to get this thing up and running. Since the original post, I have put the system on a global IP. I can dial test systems on the internet and they confirm that everything works including being called from the other end.

Our colleague can still dial in (now to the external IP) but we can't call him back. They have a Polycom Gatekeeper at their end and we are dialling their external IP which is set on a 1 to 1 NAT with the internal IP address of the unit on their network.

Everytime we try to call, it is dropped immediately, as if it isn't even trying - and yet when we dial test systems on the WWW it works. Both puzzling and frustrating but it is likely my lack of knowledge with using these systems.

If anybody is reading this and is able to help, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Mark

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread