+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPads in a classroom - your views in Technical; Have you actually had any children change the settings? We just use Apple Configurator and have had no trouble in ...

Thank Post
    Have you actually had any children change the settings? We just use Apple Configurator and have had no trouble in the few months we've been using the iPads.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j224 View Post
    Have you actually had any children change the settings? We just use Apple Configurator and have had no trouble in the few months we've been using the iPads.
    None so far - But it has been flagged up by a member of staff who was watching a student trying to set a passcode lock. We also do use Apple Configurator, supervise the devices etc. We also place localised restrictions on the devices regarding Location, Accounts and other settings.

From what I can find online, is that if they do set a passcode lock, I just refresh/restore from backup in Configurator

Thank Post
    Yeah. I haven't tried but I would imagine restoring from a backup would work and remove the passcode if one had been set.

I reckon most of our kids don't know the passcode can be set and at the primary age they don't wish to do anything too malicious anyway. I heard other schools with a 1-1 setup have included the wifi settings in the profile so if a child removed the profile then they would also lose Internet access, which acts as a deterrent. As I said, we've not had any issue though.

Thank Post
    I have had class set of iPads and have also added Andriod Tablets into the mix, we choose the Zoostorm Playtab (around £99+vat) to add an extra set of 30. We are trying out Meraki MDM and Surelock to lock down desktop,wallpaper and apps for the Andriod, where policy can be deployed by a shared area to the tablets.

Agreed that multi user on Tablets are pants(Google Apps for example, won't let you cleanly log out for another student to jump in) more often than not it will leave the previous session logged in and if you are using Google Drive App you cannot log off the main user unless you delete the account, or you have multiple accounts stored but it will let you back in without a password...just not practical.

IPad policy control is challenging (no way to lock wallpaper unless you use Airwatch MDM I think)

Although we have tried Mymaths on the Andriods with some success and it only cost £3000 for a class set. Next step is to try and integrate Frog 3/ FrogOS with SSO and Google Apps integration to see if we could make the multi user aspect easier, so the goal is for a student to log on to Frog with AD credentials and will sign them in and out of Google Apps when requested...that I'm afraid is fun and games at the mo!
    Last edited by MrWu; 11th May 2013 at 12:05 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12