+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, US Military join the handset war... Is this the beginning of the end for Cupert in Technical; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22395602 If you can't trust your own military to back you who can you trust? Give all your Personell Korean ...

Thank Post

US Military join the handset war... Is this the beginning of the end for Cupert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22395602

If you can't trust your own military to back you who can you trust?
    Give all your Personell Korean handsets so when Pyonyang nuke Sth Korea you have no supply chain LOL!
    I bet Apple and Blackberry are seriously miffed over this.
    Last edited by m25man; 5th May 2013 at 08:15 AM.

Thank Post
    I think I remember reading that iOS 6 is just a few weeks behind getting its clearance.

Unfortunately, the BBC's Apple coverage is usually pretty poor and sensationalist. Here they imply that Apple have been dealt a massive blow, when the reality is that the iPhone simply wasn't the first device to make it through the review pipeline this time around.

http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-samsung...142220877.html

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingashore View Post
    I think I remember reading that iOS 6 is just a few weeks behind getting its clearance.

Unfortunately, the BBC's Apple coverage is usually pretty poor and sensationalist. Here they imply that Apple have been dealt a massive blow, when the reality is that the iPhone simply wasn't the first device to make it through the review pipeline this time around.

How the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S IV Got Military-Grade Security
    A media company that does not lean heavily in Apples favour, well I guess their had to be one... somewhere.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    A media company that does not lean heavily in Apples favour, well I guess their had to be one... somewhere.
    I'm lame enough to read as much Apple news as I can find (everybody needs a hobby.. I guess), and I'm pretty sure that I can pinpoint the moment that the BBC changed their tone with Apple to a Click special quite a few years ago containing several sections on how Apple was cultish by nature. Apple threatened the BBC not to publish, lest it damage their relationship. Obviously the threat itself was pretty damaging, and the BBC published anyway - as they should - but ever since their stance has been largely negative towards Apple.

Anyway, I'm not sure if your comment was sarcasm or not, but the media in general have a huge anti-apple bias these days. Anti-Apple stories get more clicks and more comments, and fighting in the comments section equals more page loads and ad revenue. For every positive Apple news story, and I can show you 100 "Apple is doomed!" articles.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,766 Posts
    Anti-Apple stories get more clicks and more comments, and fighting in the comments section equals more page loads and ad revenue.
    It's really sad how bad tech journalism is these days. So much sensationalism, hyperbole and lies.

A recent example: Just How Did Apple "Journalism" Get This Bad? Macgasm

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the media in general have a huge anti-apple bias these days. Anti-Apple stories get more clicks and more comments, and fighting in the comments section equals more page loads and ad revenue. For every positive Apple news story, and I can show you 100 "Apple is doomed!" articles.
    I guess they have to make up for their 'crush' spinning out a decade or so of pure Apple love, give them another 8-9 years of Apple bashing to level the playing field and they can start reporting facts again in 2022 or so.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The US military should use whatever handsets do the jobs they need, whilst remaining secure. This isn't a blow for Apple, its just an equalisation of the market place.

Thank Post
    As long as it spells a quick and timely death to Blackberry I will welcome it with open arms, I hate the bloody things....
    I have 40 on our BES, and every bugger walks around with an iPhone or Galaxy in their pocket as well, such a waste of silicon.

Thank Post
    Just returning to make my point:

Apple devices were approved on Friday http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/17/43...al-iphone-ipad

Any mention on the BBC? Nope. So it's news when Samsung gets approved, but not Apple? Hmm.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,766 Posts
    So it's news when Samsung gets approved, but not Apple? Hmm.
    There's definitely a very strong anti-Apple bias in the media now. I wonder if it's being done to affect Apple's stock price so investors can buy shares at a much lower price or are simply Samsung paying journalists to write these articles? Here another good example...

10M Samsung flagship phones in 28 days a 'record,' 5M iPhone 5 in 3 days 'disappointing' Apple Insider

Thank Post
    Apple seem to be in the doldrums a bit product wise lately, their established to their lines now and it doesnt seem to be as awe-inducing as when they first landed, still make "quality" products, their engineering is nice clean and stylish too, but pricing is too high and always has been.

That being said I too won't be sorry to see the end of Blackberry, they have been like a "Dead Man Walking" for a few years now products wise I think

Thank Post
    Have to mention I went to a retirement lunch the other day, 10 of us the waiter came to take the orders on his Droid device...
    Then as we all waited for the drinks to arrive the phones came out one by one each checking their email or comparing notes...
    Then I realised I was the only IOS device at the table.... 10:1 I was feeling out numbered.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread