+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, network share on learnpads. in Technical; I must be missing something simple but I can't get my learnpad (just the one, and a toshiba on trial) ...

Thank Post

network share on learnpads.

I must be missing something simple but I can't get my learnpad (just the one, and a toshiba on trial) to connect to the network share I've set up on our server. is there an idiot guide that this idiot can use please?

Thank Post
    Network Shares - Support - LearnPad Havn't tried this myself but let us know how you get on.

We also had Toshiba devices on trial to test LearnPad with them. A small number of learnPad features such as zero intervention app deployment and live remote screen monitoring require root access on the devices if used on 3rd party Android tablets. LearnPads own hardware is configured to allow this without invalidating any warantees.

I have been really impressed with the list of features that LearnPad offers such as website whitelists linked to "activities"

What did you thinK?

Thank Post
    We purchased a learnpad and had a Toshiba tablet on trial. Had the learnpad software on both. Much preferred the Toshiba. faster and didn't drop our wireless half as often as the learnpad did. I still can't get the network share to work on either of them, but think its something I'm missing rather than anything to do with either the hardware or software (connection refused) General consensus from the teachers was that they like being able to restrict the profiles for the children to use. Have a few die hard apple users that think tablets start and stop with ipads so will be interesting to see how their attitudes may/may-not change.
    Have you added any apps from play to the activities ?
    The HT liked the fact no credit card need for "play" lol

Thank Post
    I have just spoken to one of the Tech Guys at Avantis/LearnPad HQ who says you can call them any time if you run into problems with a trial.

I havn't had time to get teachers to try them out but oddly our ICT Co-ordinator who was Android all the way went on a LA iPad training day DURING our trial and came back an overnight iPad convert!! An went LA LA LA when we tried to show her the learnpad portal!!

Thank Post
    I found changing the profile using the scanner made all I-Pad users heads turn and start to engage.

Thank Post
    I have them and the server share works fine for me, although could not see a use for it initially untill I suggested it might be an idea to have a scan to server QR which is now a built in feature. Ours is hit and miss at sending files but I think its the LeanPad WIFI rather than anything else. Have now found its just quicker and easier to plug the LearnPad in to a PC directly using USB and just drag the required files off.
    How quick does the profile change when you change it? I have only done it via the QR Code so far and its been a bit slow. Dont know if its any better from the online console? I do find that the LearnPads get unlocked quite easily when something crashes etc and have to manually go back through settings to turn LearnPad back on to lock them. Our Pads are the LearnPad ones and I think a better option are the Toshiba. The power adaptor connectors tend to get bent slightly if not carefull as they are quite thin.
    Love to hear other views etc of others using them. We have had them about 12 months now and have a set of 30. Teachers are a bit hit and miss on their love of them due to them either locking up or no one charging them up (but thats a different issue altogether!)

Thank Post
    Did anyone ever find out how much it costs to buy the learnpad profiles to install on 3rd party tablets? (sorry for hijacking the thread)

Thank Post
    Think its something like 30 per device per year, just give them a ring.

9. Thanks to TechSupp from:

jmak (30th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Think its something like 30 per device per year, just give them a ring.
    It's 30. I got a quote through the other day from them.

I also know @Millgate do them for about 29.50 each. If you need a lot, the difference is noticable.

11. 2 Thanks to X-13:

jmak (30th April 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread