+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, AirServer on a RM CC4 Network? in Technical; Hi guys, Trying to get AirServer on a RM CC4 network setup in one of the classrooms... We're on a ...

Thank Post

AirServer on a RM CC4 Network?

Hi guys,

Trying to get AirServer on a RM CC4 network setup in one of the classrooms... We're on a Trapeze wireless network.

Works first time with our MacBook Pro, but I've got no joy when using the computer in the class

As anyone got it work? Worst comes to worst we'll just hook up the MacBook to the projector as we've got the VGA converter etc, just would be easier if we could get it on the computer...

Thanks if anyone knows.

Thank Post
    Any errors or warnings? What version are you using?

Thank Post
    What version of Windows are you running?

We found that the Windows 7 firewall was blocking AirServer from mirroring. We could see the computer name on the iPad and connect to it, but the screen wouldn't show on the computer until we allowed it through the firewall.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blunty91 View Post
    As anyone got it work?
    Yes - check that you have the prerequisits installed (as listed on AirServer's website): Bonjour Print Services (which itself relies on Bonjour) and DirectX 9 (yes, even if you have a newer version installed). You also need to install ffdshow and Matroska Splitter (aka the Haali Media Splitter, I think), which both seem to be included in the K-Lite Codec Pack. We have a batch file that sets the firewall permiassions for AirServer, which I think is working:

Code:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Yes - check that you have the prerequisits installed (as listed on AirServer's website): Bonjour Print Services (which itself relies on Bonjour) and DirectX 9 (yes, even if you have a newer version installed). You also need to install ffdshow and Matroska Splitter (aka the Haali Media Splitter, I think), which both seem to be included in the K-Lite Codec Pack. We have a batch file that sets the firewall permiassions for AirServer, which I think is working:

Code:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\Airserver.exe"

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer TCP" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="AirServer UDP" dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP program="C:\Program Files\Airserver\Airserver\AirServerConsole.exe"
    I'll have a look at this, got a feeling DirectX won't be updated...

Thanks everyone.

Thank Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I am setting up Airserver in a large school so that teachers can mirror iPads to projectors. Everything is done in Aruba and it works as a standalone but I am having huge problems packaging Air Server / Bonjour Print Services so I can do a network package install. Directx 9.0c is already packaged on all machines I am just wondering if anyone could let me know their procedure for getting the other two packaged. I am getting fails on both packages using both BonjourPS and building my own package from the original BonjourPSSetup.exe.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank Post
    I use these in a bat file if its of any use.
    the msi files come out of the 32bit bonjour.exe download for windows

msiexec.exe /i %setups%\Bonjour.msi /quiet /norestart
    msiexec.exe /i %setups%\BonjourPS.msi /quiet /norestart

msiexec.exe /passive /i %SETUPS%\AirServer.msi /qn PIDKEY=******************* CHECKFORUPDATES=DISABLE PASSWORDTYPE=PASSWORD PASSWORD=whatever ALLOWNAMING=DISABLE RUNATSTARTUP=YES

8. Thanks to jbailey from:

dhicks (18th October 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread