+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, LearnPad = very impressed. in Technical; I will point this thread out to the Toshiba Rep next week. Our loan units have gone back. I think ...

Thank Post
    I will point this thread out to the Toshiba Rep next week. Our loan units have gone back.

I think with a bit more input it could easily be the best product arround ( in fact it probably is already ) with a few tweaks.

Rob

Thank Post
    We have 30 of the v2 tablets bought last year however I am now getting complains of poor connections etc. does anyone on here who has these tablets also have Ruckus? As far as I can see and check out with speed tests the Ruckus is working fine so thinking that its just poor WIFI on the tablets? Going to get the Ruckus updated to the latest version just to makes sure no issues. What do others think of the hardware, I know the software is a great idea.

Thank Post
    Actually we just received a LearnPad on trial (I think it is a v2, I'm not sure) and the wireless performance is pretty bad on our Ruckus system. Were you able to find an answer, TechSupp?

Thank Post
    No sorry,it seems its not so much the wifi of the tablet (although I think this is a contributing factor) but the spec of the tablet itself. Its just a slow system. Have spoken to them and they acknowledge this but you get what you pay for, cant expect a ferrari for the price of a mini really. Its all very well, but in hindsight if we had our time again I would probably still get LearnPad but not get as many and buy better tablets such as the Toshiba that works with it due to the performance.

5. Thanks to TechSupp from:

nutso (1st July 2013)

Thank Post
    but in hindsight if we had our time again I would probably still get LearnPad but not get as many and buy better tablets such as the Toshiba that works with it due to the performance.
    Is that from learnpad or buying Toshiba from another source and then putting learnPad on them? (Just been asked to look at these for another school)

Thank Post
    Yes would probably get best deal on a Toshiba and then buy LearnPad as a add on for content and management, however....when talking to LearnPad they were just looking at some higher power/spec tablets but it's all about cost, depends if they can keep cost down on them. So you have to make a choice and as said with hindsight I would have bought less but higher spec and then bought content as all I get at moment is complaints! Reason I suggested Toshiba is purely that I know they have worked with LearnPad to make sure the tablets are compatitable. I think you can put it on other android tablets but you would need to check with LearnPad.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the feedback on this! I do like the interface on the learnpad and it would be a shame to have to write it off because of the hardware. I'll see about getting the Toshiba hardware if we go ahead with anything.

Thank Post
    Only problem with using 3rd party tablets (unless Toshiba) is that classview will not work. This is because it requires root access to the system partition, and the only ways to do this are:

Root the tablet
    Install Learnpad in system partition
    Or a custom install image

We're currently trying to get it work on a Fujitsu M532 tablet and we're working on a solution to the classview issue. Tried the standard learnpad tablets and do not go for them, go with Toshiba or another well known brand. The cheap tablets overheated, had a poor wireless connection and were very slow.

Learnpad is by far the best management tool for using android devices in education though, very promising!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12