+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Screen sharing - Mobile devices in Technical; Hi there, We are looking for a screen share application (like displaynote) which will is internet hosted. We love the ...
    Thank Post

Screen sharing - Mobile devices

Hi there,

We are looking for a screen share application (like displaynote) which will is internet hosted. We love the idea of DisplayNote but there are some problems with having the teaching pc's on the same wireless network as the student's own mobile devices. We don't really want to go down the Apple TV route as we would rather go for a software solution which is not tied down to one platform (Apple).

Things like Air Server look good too, but again that requires the teaching machine to stream content to the students mobile devices which would need to be on the same network. What I'm looking for is an internet based product which students and teachers could connect to in the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank Post
    I am looking into this myself at the moment. What I have found is join.me I've tried it a little on the free option and I think it might be what I'm after. It's owned by logmein

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    Hi there,

We are looking for a screen share application (like displaynote) which will is internet hosted. We love the idea of DisplayNote but there are some problems with having the teaching pc's on the same wireless network as the student's own mobile devices. We don't really want to go down the Apple TV route as we would rather go for a software solution which is not tied down to one platform (Apple).

Things like Air Server look good too, but again that requires the teaching machine to stream content to the students mobile devices which would need to be on the same network. What I'm looking for is an internet based product which students and teachers could connect to in the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Sounds like you want remote desktop with a external IP. Though, that depends on the age/ability of the pupils and whether displaynote actually works with remote desktops.

When you say "mobile devices" what do you mean? Laptops, tablets, phones?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Sounds like you want remote desktop with a external IP. Though, that depends on the age/ability of the pupils and whether displaynote actually works with remote desktops.

When you say "mobile devices" what do you mean? Laptops, tablets, phones?
    At this point, it could be all of the above. We are looking at a BYOD scheme and the device has yet to be decided on, It could well be just a true bring the device you actually own already setup. I would expect that the students would be using some kind of tablet though either running Win 8 or an iPad.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    At this point, it could be all of the above. We are looking at a BYOD scheme and the device has yet to be decided on, It could well be just a true bring the device you actually own already setup. I would expect that the students would be using some kind of tablet though either running Win 8 or an iPad.
    I would start looking into terminal servers. It [could be] easier than having to set up BYOD for Windows, Apple AND Android.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread