+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPads for Learning - 1:1 device conference in Technical; Hi all, As some of you may know, I work at a school with 1800 students and 200 staff and, ...

Thank Post

iPads for Learning - 1:1 device conference

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I work at a school with 1800 students and 200 staff and, since September 2012, we've been rolling out a 1:1 device scheme to all of our students. We've currently got 1200 iPads used in school on a daily basis and will be adding around another 300 in the next couple of weeks - this will then encompass all of the Staff and the students in Years 7 to 11, with our Sixth Form joining up in September 2013.

On the 13th of February, we'll be hosting a conference in which we'll talk through the 18 months planning and preparation that went before the lauch; looking at things from the planning and design stages to parental engagement and the distribution of the devices. As well as the implementation, we'll also be talking about the Teaching and Learning, Finance and Networking aspects of the solution, discussing things to consider as well as talking about what did and didn't work for us.

Whilst this will be focused on iPads - we are using them after all - there will be a lot of things discussed that could apply to other devices as well. Full details about the day, including how to sign up, can be found here: http://www.harrogategrammar.co.uk/li...Conference.pdf.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

2. 3 Thanks to Aethon:

Airwatcher (19th February 2013), GrumbleDook (10th January 2013), john (24th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    I can highly recommend anyone looking into iPads to consider this event, @Aethon is a fellow network manager that I know well and he has spoken to our network managers group up in North Yorkshire about his project all the way through and it has always been a hot topic for the last 18 months so very much worth a trip to the event.

I know @robk has also been in-touch with him and his team about the iPads and was very positive with the planning and what they have done so I am sure he would recommend it for anyone who is keen to look at this.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I certainly found my visit to this school very enlightening and well worth a visit, both from a technical and a t & l perspective.

Thank Post
    I'm hoping to get the ok to come up to this, just what i'm looking for at the moment. Just a shame Yorkshire is so far from Devon lol!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just e-mailed this to the Deputy Head, waiting to hear what she thinks...

Thank Post
    Well i'm all booked up, amazing seen i've never be able to get the ok to go further than Bristol before!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread