+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, [BCM] in Technical; Originally Posted by oxide54 i'm thinking more bridge a trixbox/asterixnow/freepbx (something asterix based) to a BCM and slowly migrate users ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide54 View Post
    i'm thinking more bridge a trixbox/asterixnow/freepbx (something asterix based) to a BCM and slowly migrate users so i don't have to buy 200 handsets all at once and re-train 500 users monday morning.

BCM400 for voip isn't looking great looks like you need a license we don't have and @john 's comments aren't promising. I'm certainly not upgrading to another BCM, the idea is the (pick 2 not 3 ) cheapest, easiest, least hassle migration path.
    You will struggle to sort licenses and keys out for the 400 given its been discontinued.

The 450 was a relatively simple upgrade and actually takes the entire unit up to a much higher standard and powerful system, although again it is short lived we will have to reconsider what we do in the next 3-5 years but gives us the time to plan and budget to change to probably MS Lync would be ideal.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    With the FreePBX solution it took me around a week to play with it and configure how I wanted for the school and the roll out was really simple, setup a PXE boot on the freepbx server and all the phones pxe booted to get configs - which where all done via a barcode scanner on the box and a bit of word mail merge's with a bolt on to seperate them to new files.

Plugged each phone in and put on correct vlan and walked away.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12