+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, iPad2 or iPad3 in Technical; Hello, I'm looking to get an iPad... in your opinion (as I don't currently own one) which do you think ...
    Thank Post

iPad2 or iPad3

Hello,

I'm looking to get an iPad... in your opinion (as I don't currently own one) which do you think is worth buying and why: iPad 2 or iPad 3?

I'm struggling to decide...

Thank Post
    I have recently bought the new ipad and find it invaluable. Only wish I had got the 3G version now!

3. Thanks to susannah1 from:

marsdenprimary (15th October 2012)

Thank Post

5. Thanks to pcstru from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Depends what you want to use it for. Having seen the two side-by-side, I personally don't think the screen justifies the extra cost and that's the only real difference in performance terms. For me the reason for spending more comes down to memory. I only need 16Gb so could have made do with the iPad2 but went for the iPad3 for 32Gb and future proofed myself a little bit (me iPhone is a very much needed 64Gb!).

7. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

Thank Post
    Without a doubt iPad3! for what little you would save if you chose the iPad 2 it'll be worth it for the screen resolution. I had a first gen iPad and now have the iPad 3 and for viewing forums it's so much clearer and nicer to read.
    Last edited by Paid_Peanuts; 15th October 2012 at 11:32 AM.

9. Thanks to Paid_Peanuts from:

Thank Post
    Good stuff guys thanks- has anyone suffered any battery problems though? Charging issues anything like that? Also- what's the weight like on them with the bigger battery?

The 32Gb version does come in at a whopping higher cost which may be beyond budget- so do you think it's needed with the new display?

Thank Post
    1) They all have the same battery.
    2) Ever since the 1st gen iPad I have never experienced any issues with battery nor know of anyone who has had battery problems with an iPad.

Sounds like the best thing you could do is get down to your nearest Apple store and get hands on and have a look at them for yourself and make your decision based on what you see in front of you.
    Last edited by Paid_Peanuts; 15th October 2012 at 12:30 PM.

12. Thanks to Paid_Peanuts from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paid_Peanuts View Post
    1) They all have the same battery.
    2) Ever since the 1st gen iPad I have never experienced any issues with battery nor no of anyone who has had battery problems with an iPad.

Sounds like the best thing you could do is get down to your nearest Apple store and get hands on and have a look at them for yourself and make your decision based on what you see in front of you.
    I like that idea- it was next on my list of how to make a decision. It's nice taking other people's experience of them on board too though. Helps a lot. Thankyou! x

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marsdenprimary View Post
    Good stuff guys thanks- has anyone suffered any battery problems though? Charging issues anything like that? Also- what's the weight like on them with the bigger battery?
    I'm getting two days on average out of mine. Using fairly constantly through the day, Mostly web surfing. No charging issues, other than it takes a long time - I'm comparing to my iPhone which obviously has a smaller battery.

Weight? mine feels fairly weighty, gets heavy after a while. But then I got the 3G model and they are heaver than the WiFi ones apparently.

The 32Gb version does come in at a whopping higher cost which may be beyond budget- so do you think it's needed with the new display?
    The new display is nice - but, for me, not a deal breaker. The extra processing power in the '3' is used up feeding extra resolution so there is no speed gains to be had between the two models and the both run iOS6 (if that's a bonus?).
    Last edited by tmcd35; 15th October 2012 at 12:35 PM.

15. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marsdenprimary View Post
    SWMBO uses an iPad2, I use an iPad3. The 3 takes substantially longer to charge. It's also a tad heavier but you'd be pushed to notice it much. You don't get SIRI on the 2 and I'd presume some other updates might be 'differentiated' by the mighty Apple in future. Personally, I'd go for the 3. Better camera, a screen to die for (it is seriously gorgeous), more core RAM and better graphics engine. I'd probably opt for more than the basic 16Gb.

17. Thanks to pcstru from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    SWMBO uses an iPad2, I use an iPad3. The 3 takes substantially longer to charge. It's also a tad heavier but you'd be pushed to notice it much. You don't get SIRI on the 2 and I'd presume some other updates might be 'differentiated' by the mighty Apple in future. Personally, I'd go for the 3. Better camera, a screen to die for (it is seriously gorgeous), more core RAM and better graphics engine. I'd probably opt for more than the basic 16Gb.
    Swinging my vote is this... looks like people generally like the 3 more and I posted this on Edugeek for the reason that geeky techies generally have a better understanding of this kind of stuff. I'm liking the response. x

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread