+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Mobile Phones..... in Technical; I have got A new Nokia Lumia 800, got it on contract on O2. It's a Windows phone. Thats really ...
    Thank Post

Mobile Phones.....

I have got A new Nokia Lumia 800, got it on contract on O2.

It's a Windows phone.

Thats really all I can say.

It's responsive and quick, possibly even more so than an Iphone..... but I HATE the way the interface is laid out to find anything is horrible!!

I want Rid, I'm looking at the HTC Desire - Anyone got any recommendations!

Thank Post
    Wait until the next update to WP8 or 7.5 I cant remember. I have looked at the details and it looks like they have made some well needed improvements regarding the UI.

I also have a Lumia 800 and I think it is the best phone I have ever had

I think the update is due this month as well :/ not sure Il have a look

Thank Post
    I've read somewhere that the 800 isn't getting the 8 update....... and I'm already on 7.5!

Thank Post
    had a play with one in car-phone warehouse. Bargepole.

Probably going to get the Motorola Razr MAXX unless I'm suitably impressed by the Razr i.

Thank Post
    the 800 would be able to update to 7.8 (7.9?!) which has the interface of 8 just not some of the functionality. I think its due to be released around December.

Thank Post
    The biggest problem with the Windows Phone is you have to use Zune to upload/download anything... Zune is the worst ever... worse than iTunes.

Thank Post
    Yeah its 7.8 Just looked it up. I do like the Zune software although it is very VERY resource hungry. The wireless sync feature is great for me at home... I can download an album on the computer and so long as my PC is on (which it always is) and my phone is on mains power for 10 minutes or more then it will sync my music & videos etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    The biggest problem with the Windows Phone is you have to use Zune to upload/download anything... Zune is the worst ever... worse than iTunes.
    It is bad but I have read rumours that when they launch Phone 8 they will be announcing a replacement Zune aswell

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    I have read rumours that when they launch Phone 8 they will be announcing a replacement Zune aswell
    Microsoft Music... October 26th when W8 goes on general release

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoldridge View Post
    I also have a Lumia 800 and I think it is the best phone I have ever had
    Snap! I love mine.
    We get WP 7.8, roms are already appearing for the 610 and few other models so 7.8 is not far away now
    I also can clean wipe mine using the nokia tools so I dont have to wait for the updates to be pushed out.

Thank Post
    Don't get an HTC Desire - my wife has got one and the internal storage is too small. You only get less than 150MB for apps, and believe me, it's nowhere near enough. Updates for built-in apps alone on her phone mean less than 50MB available for downloaded apps. Android is good, but you want a more modern phone than that with much more internal memory.

Thank Post
    HTC Desire HD here and I love love love it! When HTC announced that Jellybean would NOT be released on for the Desire HD after all, I decided to root it and replaced the ROM with Cyanogenmod 7.2 (CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean) which is an awesome ROM. There is a also a new ROM in active development called Jellytime (jellytime - JellyBean on HTC Desire HD/Inspire 4g - Google Project Hosting) which is built on Jellybean and uses Cyanogenmod 10. It really is great, but alas, I had to restore my 7.2 backup due to a few minor things not quite working yet. However as soon as it is out of it's release candidate stage and becomes 'official', it will be my ROM of choice.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Was just looking at the Lumias for my wife - her crappy Samsung dumbphone is doing her nut in cos she keeps missing photos of our new 'un. Are they that bad? I was fancying them because a) cheap (can get the 610 free for £11 a month, the 800 for £13.50 a month) b) great cameras including a physical button c) quite easy - I love Android, but it can often be confusing, contradictory and just a bloody mess. All she really does is text, photo and occasionally Facebook, so WP looked perfect.

As for me... well, now I've been looking at phones, I don't half fancy one of those HTC One S handsets. I just don't understand what happened to all the keyboard phones in the UK market, I want a Droid 4 but they're US only

EDIT: The other wife friendly option would, I think, be the Sony Xperia Miro - I've got a Sony atm and it's grand, and the Miro looks a decent mid-range Android 4 phone - but it lacks the physical camera button and woudn't be as user-friendly as WP looks.
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 4th October 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    Don't get an HTC Desire - my wife has got one and the internal storage is too small. You only get less than 150MB for apps, and believe me, it's nowhere near enough. Updates for built-in apps alone on her phone mean less than 50MB available for downloaded apps. Android is good, but you want a more modern phone than that with much more internal memory.
    Put a custom ROM on it. Im currently running Jelly Bean with 2gb of storage (it uses the memory card as storage which fools the phone into thinking it has 2gb) thanks to this

15. Thanks to JJonas from:

crc-ict (4th October 2012)

Thank Post
    My Lumia 800 is the best I have ever had. I prefer it over the wifes iPhone 4S easily. The iPhone 5 is a nice design for a phone but not worth the price difference.

I've always said - I love iOS on my iPad - but on my phone I just want to have the odd social app on there, make it very easy to send and receive emails and texts and calls. And the lumia and windows phone does that very well, with some nice quirky features and designs...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast