+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Skype number shared between 2 desktop handsets? in Technical; Bit of a strange one this, but hopefully someone here can provide an answer. Is it possible to have 2 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries

Skype number shared between 2 desktop handsets?

Bit of a strange one this, but hopefully someone here can provide an answer.
    Is it possible to have 2 geographically separate Skype desktop handsets sharing the same number? I know you can do this locally in software i.e. on the desktop sharing a number in an office, but is it possible to do it via hardware handsets from 2 separate locations so that if the phone rings (both at once) whoever gets to it first will cancel out the other. The important thing here is that both will ring using the same phone number, and one will detect whether the other answered the call.
    I hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 18th September 2012 at 11:42 AM.

Thank Post
    I have a skype online number in my office for my business and I have Skype running on my iPhone. When I have called the online number it calls all Skype devices. I was impressed! It will also end the other calls if one answers.

Ross

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    *UPDATE*
    We took delivery of one of these last week: | Desktop And Home Phones - Skype Shop a RTX Dualphone 4088, and tbh, it works a treat.
    We have successfully shared a single skype number between the handset and 2 desktops (geographically separated) with no problems and any incoming calls ring through to all stations at at the same time.
    A special mention about the handset should be made here. It's build quality is very good and calls from mobiles and landlines via Skype come though with a great call quality. Admittedly it doesn't have a lot of 'business' phone features such as an easy way to transfer calls, however it does have the full Skype client feature set (which updates as and when they are available) and it can store 2 separate Skype accounts as well as connect to a landline connection all at the same time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread